About Garrett Detectors, Detectors In General

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few things have been pondering in my head about some of their detectors, and detectors in general. These are just a few ideas that I think would be a great add on!

1. Why would you build a detector without having a volume control for the main speaker inside the housing?

Turning down the volume would be a plus in my mind. This way you can just use the display without the headphones. Enabling you to hear existing sounds around you! The tones are a nice way to separate the metals types. But having the capabilities and choice of wearing or not wearing your headphones! Or just set it to silent and use the next idea!

2. An indicator light, a small LED mounted in a corner of the display that lights up when metal is detected as to the settings the user has set.

Another no brainer to help the user who wishes to use his or her detector without the aid of sound! Then again, just looking at the display would be good enough! LOL!

3. The security ring on a Pro Pointer would be a hell of an idea!

This tool is expensive, a lot of people definitely want one that cant afford one. I for one would completely hate the idea to loose it! Make the tool with the ring and allow the consumer to remove it if he or she wishes! Yes, I know, the price will go up another $50!

What other ideas would you like to see changed to make them better?
(No, I don't work for any detector manufacture either!)

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few things have been pondering in my head about some of their detectors, and detectors in general. These are just a few ideas that I think would be a great add on!

1. Why would you build a detector without having a volume control for the main speaker inside the housing?

Turning down the volume would be a plus in my mind. This way you can just use the display without the headphones. Enabling you to hear existing sounds around you! The tones are a nice way to separate the metals types. But having the capabilities and choice of wearing or not wearing your headphones! Or just set it to silent and use the next idea!

2. An indicator light, a small LED mounted in a corner of the display that lights up when metal is detected as to the settings the user has set.

Another no brainer to help the user who wishes to use his or her detector without the aid of sound! Then again, just looking at the display would be good enough! LOL!

This tool is expensive, a lot of people definitely want one that cant afford one. I for one would completely hate the idea to loose it! Make the tool with the ring and allow the consumer to remove it if he or she wishes! Yes, I know, the price will go up another $50!

Good points I said the same also.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the light to light up when you run over metal you have to go to Fisher Labs 1280 and CZ-21 or older CZ-20.
NRA3.JPG

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U gotta remember to that the headphone thing alot of people prefer using headphones to hear those faint whispers deep signals & by using headphones u block out those surrounding sounds so ur able to hear them
Im not sure on the light it does sound like a nice idea I know they make something for the ace series that has that an ad on
The security ring on pro pointer there also an ad on for like $15-20 to get a security ring for it just things to make the product cheap as possible but work top notch
& the only other thing I can think.off goin back to the Atpro is from my time with higher end machines this keeps up with them & normaly that wouldnt b tha case mayb we r Lucky those extra features u mentioned didnt get put on making this detector over $1000 machine makes it more affordable to those who cant the $1,000.+ machines one thing its beating alot in is being water proof I got 2 other machines close to $2,000 a peice that arent even waterproof

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mind the volume control idea & I think the GTI series may have that.

The LED is a silly idea in my opinion!

As for the security ring, design a new screw on battery cover with a loop for a ring and market em!

I would much prefer back lit displays and a better plug design for the ATP.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a guy on eBay makes those rings for the pro pointer

OP
OP
LifeNRA

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I already ordered a ring for my pointer. The LED light idea is no difference than having a sound indicator, besides I was thinking about the deaf or sound impaired individuals. This would help them get into the sport as well.

jollyone

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also like to see a better plug design as I have the at gold and its a lot of trouble for these old eyes to get that plug in when changing coils

Also agree on the volume the gold is super dupper loud without headphones and my father has the pro I cannot hear it in pro mode when we hunt close together I think his may be faulty as it is super quiet

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would also like to see a better plug design as I have the at gold and its a lot of trouble for these old eyes to get that plug in when changing coils

Also agree on the volume the gold is super dupper loud without headphones and my father has the pro I cannot hear it in pro mode when we hunt close together I think his may be faulty as it is super quiet

My Pro is pretty quiet too. Although I can hear it, I really need the headphones to hear it properly.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Pro is quite too.
Nothing wrong with your Dads machine buddy.
You NEED those phones on to hear the deep whispers like Fella said.
Pete

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear the tones better with headphones too. I find I can isolate targets in amongst trash much better with head phones and with the smaller coil.

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We agree about the volume control.
That's why we incorporated a Patent Pending waterproof volume control on our new Gray Ghost Amphibian submersible headphones for the Garrett machines.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We agree about the volume control.
That's why we incorporated a Patent Pending waterproof volume control on our new Gray Ghost Amphibian submersible headphones for the Garrett machines.

Do u work on the design Team for garret

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
LifeNRA

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice, but I think your advertising here. My post is not to get advertisers here to premote their products. No offence. Hopefully to get the actual manufacture to see what they need to do to improve their products, not yours.

My biggest gripe about my 350, there is no volume adjustment for the main speaker. I really like the 350 a lot! Just think it would be a great addition! Second, is the Pro Pointer not having anything to keep it attached to you so you don't have to keep dropping $130 every time you loose it! Yes, keeping your mind on what your doing will help. But you know things happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions