Got a new Ace 250

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I hear ya on the f75, its a looker, idk man if I were u I'd go with the f4 I mean weight they r about the same (f4 2.6lbs) ace 250 2.7lbs, so that's about the same my other reasons would b is u can manually ground balance it or auto,ace has fixed,so more depth w/ f4. Also the f4 if u upgrade later on will prepare u for what the higher end machines using the visual id (vdi), some hate tones on the ace series but ur used to it so toss up there f4 has,a 4 tone which is nice. That's my choice if u have the 150 I just don't think its to much an upgrade goin to a 250 ull c an upgrade goin to the f4 & u can get coils etc use ur 150 for a trunk machine. Or check out online auction I have seen some higher end machines in $400 range that would b even more of an upgrade. A couple days ago I seen a f75 on eBay $495 shipped aftr auction was done not to far off ur budget, even craigslist,or treasure classifieds may have something to good luck man

That's about what I'm thinking christo' (As far as having a lower-end machine that'll teach me some higher-end skills).

Thanks so much for the advice 8-)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool let me know when u get it know what ya think, I gotta stop looking at detectors they keep appearing in the arsenal lol

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool let me know when u get it know what ya think, I gotta stop looking at detectors they keep appearing in the arsenal lol

Tell me about it (LOL)!

I've been buying (And selling) guns for 30+ years based on what other people tell me I should like. I start metal detecting 7 months ago
and I'm right back "home" lol Too funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread