Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if a good pair that work with metal detectors? I have been searching, but everything seems to be discontinued. I know FM freq isn't good, and neither is Bluetooth, any help is appreciated!

Ron

Idid a while ago c something like that on the internet just do a quick Google on do it urself wireless headphones for detectors should pop right up good luck

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did, but like I said, all I'm finding are discontinued ones, and can't even find them on eBay... Oh well, there has to be something out there. I'll keep looking

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does anyone know if a good pair that work with metal detectors? I have been searching, but everything seems to be discontinued. I know FM freq isn't good, and neither is Bluetooth, any help is appreciated!

Ron
I don`t know about FM but i use the Bluetooth wireless head phones and they work just fine, bought them on the classifids on here.
Gary

Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a set from a company in the UK called The Highland Innovation Centre. I used to use them a lot with my Explorer and they worked well but in the end I got fed up messing around charging batteries for them. I bought an extension cable for my wired phones and the effect is the same.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If yer not thrashin thru the woods like a metal tectin banshee get a good set of wired headphones like killer bees or pro golds or grey ghosts and do it up like a pro. And if you are thrashin the bush, no biggy, just do the same.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If yer not thrashin thru the woods like a metal tectin banshee get a good set of wired headphones like killer bees or pro golds or grey ghosts and do it up like a pro. And if you are thrashin the bush, no biggy, just do the same.

When i got the wireless bluetooth...i got rid of my Killer "Bs" and my Black Widows...head phone don`t make you a pro lol
Gary

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, so much for that... I got my adapter today, after driving an hour to pick it up, and an hour back, and it wasn't getting audio in the right side of my ear buds. After trouble shooting my way down to the adapter, the connector fell out of the screw down case. The wires don't even look like they were soldered. (Spelled incorrect?) Anyways, I guess I'll be calling Garrett again tomorrow to solve this problem. Hopefully they're as cool about this as my last deal with the digger. I'll keep you updated.

Ron

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130717_195905.png
    ForumRunner_20130717_195905.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 105
  • ForumRunner_20130717_195915.png
    ForumRunner_20130717_195915.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 87

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi gleaner1
I use Rat phones...Accu-Sound phones and Depth Master phones.
The PRO- Golds are made by the same company that makes the Killer "Bs".
The blue tooth wireless are so nice, not being tied to the detector... lite and cancle outdoor sound and have great tone.
Gary

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gary what equipment do you recommend for the actual wireless transmitter? I was always skeptical of wireless because of "lag" I heard even bluetooth lags but I understand its getting better with new technology. It just seems nobody is saying too much about aftermarket wireless for tecters. If you said Brand X model Y is a good wireless rig I would buy one of those.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gleaner1
The wireless transmitter is a Bluetooth dongle BTI-002...Bluetooth V2.0, ClassII.... the headphones are ALB music...with volume control.
You can buy then from a guy that sells them on here in the Charter Classifieds ADDS got mine 4 months ago.No lag time at all... as with the Rapoo Wireless both do realy well.
Gary

Last edited:

frog21

Mar 5, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gary, how is your friend connecting the USB transmitter dongle to the headphone jack on the detector?

I have been using the Rapoo H3070 headphones with my At-Po and they work great.

Dale

That is good news I was not sure if a dongle would have enough resistance to cut out the brainbox speaker on a pro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread