This sucks

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Heading out of town to metal detect, at my wife's grandparents. The problem, I've searched every square inch of my house for my Propointer and cannot find it.

We can't delay any longer and have to leave, this really sucks.

I was sick for a week, but I leave my stuff in a pile in the garage. Well, she moved my stuff over a few feet, and somehow it has finished.

Guess ill have to use my $30 pointer, this will be brutal.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well any one is better then none if u wanna think of it that way, cuz I lost my propointer in the woods & it took me 2hrs to find it I put a dx-1 sunray on my v3i & have 2, propointers, & a automax v2 pinpointer I think I'm set for anything sending one in for repair if need b lose one, I'd just hate to b with out lol good luck, but hey may not b a propointer but its a definet help

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. Have you tried using a good quality metal detector to find it ?? I know cause I have the same problem with my wife moving stuff in my "cave" ...Rick...

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, you guys have wives that move stuff? Wait that will change. I am married forty years and my wife, and my best friend, tells me she isn't my mother, so wherever I place something it stays until I pick it up. LOL! I used to have that problem, not any more. I'm just sayin'!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, you guys have wives that move stuff? Wait that will change. I am married forty years and my wife, and my best friend, tells me she isn't my mother, so wherever I place something it stays until I pick it up. LOL! I used to have that problem, not any more. I'm just sayin'!

And that's the truth if some of my detecting stuff isnt in its spot its not cuz its lost its cuz the wifes out using it, that's y I had to get her basically 1 of everything I'm using so mine would stay put lol

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I wrapped bright yellow tape around the speaker as it only draws attention to your activity and it makes for a easy to find pinpointer.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife and eight year old son move everything all the time. Very frustrating I know. Maybe you can buy another propointer where tour going that way you end up with a spare.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heading out of town to metal detect, at my wife's grandparents. The problem, I've searched every square inch of my house for my Propointer and cannot find it.

Well if they live in Nebraska, it won't be much of a problem! Nothing there!:BangHead:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if they live in Nebraska, it won't be much of a problem! Nothing there!:BangHead:
Yeah,your fingers,or a peach tree limb, will work just as well there! You can always use the hand full of dirt over the coil method! Not great but will get you by!:thumbsup: I always know where my pro pointer is,because nothing get's moved in the "man cave"!:laughing7: Just last week I knew exactly where my Pro Pointer was!:thumbsup: Back at home in the bag I forgot to take with me!:BangHead:

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and eight year old son move everything all the time. Very frustrating I know. Maybe you can buy another propointer where tour going that way you end up with a spare.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2
Answer:duct tape,and rope!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Well I managed to pull off a few finds. This 1940's Looks Magazine token was the best find.

image-3052012632.jpg

The search for my Propointer continues when I get back home.

My hunt was in Mena, Arkansas.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no propointer! It'll show up dude, either way u still pulled off s nice set of finds. See it still possible to hunt without it, I mean back in the day we never had them I think we r spoiled now with them lol hh

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

We can't delay any longer and have to leave, this really sucks.

I was sick for a week, but I leave my stuff in a pile in the garage. Well, she moved my stuff over a few feet, and somehow it has finished.

Guess ill have to use my $30 pointer, this will be brutal.

Relax brewern I aint used a hand held pinpointer in twenty years, dont need one it slows you down actually. You will see.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,your fingers,or a peach tree limb, will work just as well there! You can always use the hand full of dirt over the coil method! Not great but will get you by!:thumbsup: I always know where my pro pointer is,because nothing get's moved in the "man cave"!:laughing7: Just last week I knew exactly where my Pro Pointer was!:thumbsup: Back at home in the bag I forgot to take with me!:BangHead:

Yeah, buddy!...I've used the "little hand fully" method for 30 years...the "five finger pinpointer", don't cha know.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke down and bought the replacement pointer.

Don't think of it as a replacement u didn't brake ur other one just can't find it now u got 2, extra is all

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use one those cheap Cen-Tech's for a back up, the only problem is Ive never had to use it. :blob1:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try using the metal detector in the garage to find your pro-pointer.

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Try using the metal detector in the garage to find your pro-pointer.

Haha. Trust me, there isn't a place I haven't looked. Yard, toy box, entertainment area, under car seats, et cetera. Can't imagine what happen to it, didn't leave it at a detecting site.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya u know since u just bought one as a extra or spare or to replace the one u can't find that now u got a new one the one u lost ull probly find it in a day or so. Happens to me & I'm sure to others all the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions