BH IV out Ace 350 in

DiggingwithBay

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2013
So I recently bought a Bounty hunter IV to mess around with. Well needless to say I am addicted. I drive between Madison WI to Cedar Rapids on down to Quincy Il for work on a regular basis and can't stop thinking about digging some of these old locations I drive past. I was soon to find out that the BH doesn't "see" very deep. I sold the BH and am now waiting for the Ace 350 that I got on ebay to be delivered.

Does it make sense for me to not have gone out hunting during this transition? I just figured I would be missing a lot of opportunities.

Thoughts?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I recently bought a Bounty hunter IV to mess around with. Well needless to say I am addicted. I drive between Madison WI to Cedar Rapids on down to Quincy Il for work on a regular basis and can't stop thinking about digging some of these old locations I drive past. I was soon to find out that the BH doesn't "see" very deep. I sold the BH and am now waiting for the Ace 350 that I got on ebay to be delivered.

Does it make sense for me to not have gone out hunting during this transition? I just figured I would be missing a lot of opportunities.

Thoughts?
Well,I don't think so? There will be a "learning curve" with the new 350,so I wouldn't worry too much about it!:thumbsup:

CyberWoolf

Jun 24, 2013
Lockport
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I just did the same thing about 3 weeks ago! I got the IV to see if I liked MD and I lurved it! So I got a 350 on eBay too, you will love it :-)

Good luck and happy hunting!

OP
OP
D

DiggingwithBay

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2013
This thing is a bottle cap magnet!! I really need to put more hours in so I can learn the differences in tones. 17 bottle caps some pull tabs and 5 pennies in 2 hrs..... kept thinking the bottle caps were actually coins when I heard the sound...

CyberWoolf

Jun 24, 2013
Lockport
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is a bottle cap magnet!! I really need to put more hours in so I can learn the differences in tones. 17 bottle caps some pull tabs and 5 pennies in 2 hrs..... kept thinking the bottle caps were actually coins when I heard the sound...

I know the feeling! I keep getting those too. I'm Leary to dig up anything that pings 10 cents

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any detector is a "Bottle Cap Magnet" the secret is learning how to hear the difference between a bottle cap,and a coin. Head phones on any detector helps you hear the diffrences between good targets,and bad one's,or trash!:thumbsup: My friend has a Ace 250 and he is just learning how to "listen" to it,and not depend on the display. I used it and found a good signal,but when I wiggled the coil back off the target,there was a fuzzy.crackling sound. I told him it was most likely a bottle cap. He dug it,and sure enough it was!:thumbsup: Twenty minutes later he was calling the bottle caps from the good targets. Just take time to learn what the machine is telling ya!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most DD Coils have a love affair with bottle caps ....Concentric Coils do much better at IDing the old crimp on caps.
Gary Concentric Coils.jpg Double-D.jpg

CyberWoolf

Jun 24, 2013
Lockport
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was watching some videos about the 350 on YouTube and this was really helpful.

OP
OP
D

DiggingwithBay

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2013
Thanks, I've seen this video. Really helps! The only thing to do at this point is get out and learn first hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions