Milspec Metal Detecting cover for the AT Pro.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a review on this gear in "the general" section but I wanted to share it with the Garret Crew as well, enjoy.

The wait is finally over, with that said let me get to it. First off, I have no affiliation with MMD and my views are solely based on my personal experience. As you can tell by the photos the gear is dirty and used, these are not glamor shots pimping fancy gear.
The fit and finish is second to none, the quality of material is top notch, the craftsmanship that goes into making them is way above some mass produced, cheap ass foreign crap. MMD's gear is handmade right here in the US of A by one of our very own US Veterans.
Here's a shot of the belt with what I carry on my MD trips. The belt includes a booty bag, digger sheath, pointer holder and inside of the belt is lined with velcro, and all the accessories have velcro inside the belt loops which prevent them from wondering all over the belt, where you put it, it stays.
View attachment 831480
The "Booty Bag" has a mesh bottom, an inner zipped pocket, outer zipped pocket, both mesh lined as well, the inner pocket is perfect for smaller finds such as coin,buttons, etc. What I really like about the mesh is I didnt have to come home and dump a yard of dirt out of my finds bag, the small stuff filters through the mesh nicely. The Pointer holder grabs ahold of the pointer and keeps it securely in place, with the added length the sheath keeps dirt and grim off your pants or leg. The pointer fit my Minelab ProFind rather tight, enough when I slipped it in it actually turned the unit on, what I did was place the pointer in the sheath handle first, to loosen up the grip a bit and I never had a problem with it turning on after that, it just needed a lil breaking in.
View attachment 831482
The digger sheath is hard core heavy duty, its double and triple stitched in areas, and the bottom of the sheath has an small opening to allow the dirt to filter out the bottom so it wont get all packed & caked up with crud. Theres a nice velcro sealed pocket in the front, for me I pack it with a 9V pointer batt and 4 AA's for the AT Pro.
View attachment 831483
The belt buckle, enough said.
View attachment 831484
Heres a few shots of the AT Pro cover and sun screen, it fits very well and the sun screen provides a nice little shade and cuts back glare. Note the photo was taken in direct sunlight so the sunshade and screen were viewable, when I was swinging the ATP today the glare was minimal off the thick poly screen protector, even with the screen protector the buttons were easily accessible.
View attachment 831488 View attachment 831489 View attachment 831490 View attachment 831491 View attachment 831492
I have a phone case being made now, its custom for my iPhone5 and will match the AOR2 and attach the belt as well.

If you're in a hurry, impatient and a need it now kind of guy, then Milspec Metal Detecting Gear is not for you, these items are handmade one at a time by a partially disabled vet, he makes them to order, size, color and style and will go above and beyond to make a high quality product to last for years to come. If the MMD gear is something that interests you, tell him you saw the review on TreasureNet and Im sure he'll be more then happy to put together a nice little package
and Foremost
View attachment 831506

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't have said it any better; top quality all the way.

OP
OP
AC500

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did, lol. I followed your post to make my purchase and wanted to share my gear as well.

Thanks for the lead badpenny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread