AT PRO OR AT GOLD?

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
Hi,I am kind of new at detecting but have had lots of really good finds with my first detector(Teknetics Delta 4000)....I really want a Garrett AT mainky for the waterproof feature and capabilities.....I enjoy searching for coins of all years and countries ...U.S. especially of course....and colonial and civil war type relics.....and jewelery ......my question is to any of you members what do you feel is more suited to this?The pro or gold?....The soil around me is pretty good...have not run into any highly mineralized soil yet.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The AT Gold & AT Pro are very good detectors and if you like discrimination then I would suggest the Pro because it has good discrimination capability and will work well in salt water and can handle quite high levels of ground iron minerals, so you can take it into the gold fields but expect a bit of hot rock noise now and again
The AT Gold has two Disc modes and iron ID. It has a no motion VLF true All Metal mode and can ground balance quite high iron minerals. This detector will not function in wet salt mineralisation and can also be noisy in the dry sand.
The AT Gold is a good coin and relic detector which will suit a dig it all type of detectorist but not at the beaches. The prime purpose of the AT Gold is for mineralised gold field detecting. This detector is performing well here in Australia as a gold detector and also has a strong coin and relic popularity, but not on salt beaches.

Just my opinion; Others may have a different view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
recentlycured

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
Thanks Adrian SS....I do live near the beaches and woukd like to take it coinshooting and goldhunting on the beach....did'nt even think of that....just assumed they were both ok by saltwater and sand.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what u mentioned u want to be able to detect my opinion I'd go with the pro & it'll give u the options of salt & fresh water ++

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was considering the Gold too, but living in the Ocean State, I would be shooting myself in the foot not buying a machine at least somewhat suited for the salt beaches. Good luck!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was considering the Gold too, but living in the Ocean State, I would be shooting myself in the foot not buying a machine at least somewhat suited for the salt beaches. Good luck!

Huh so ur kinda my neighbor. Well hello over there I'm in mass on the line basically

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huh so ur kinda my neighbor. Well hello over there I'm in mass on the line basically

Yup, about 30 minutes north of me!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh well mayb one day we'll run into each other out there

OP
OP
recentlycured

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
Great deal at bigboyshobbies and they do paypal and bill me later....going to order tonight for the at pro adventure package and a garrett propointer....I have the teknetics delta 4000 and love it but I need something for the water and beach....also have a bounty hunter pinpointer that I got on ebay for 37.00 and it works great but figure wilk getvthe propointer as well....thank you all for the advice!HH :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal at bigboyshobbies and they do paypal and bill me later....going to order tonight for the at pro adventure package and a garrett propointer....I have the teknetics delta 4000 and love it but I need something for the water and beach....also have a bounty hunter pinpointer that I got on ebay for 37.00 and it works great but figure wilk getvthe propointer as well....thank you all for the advice!HH :)

Congrates on ur new purchase that's exactly how I bought mine gonna do it might as well get it all, only a week later I got a 5x8 coil to,definitely look into that as well with what u got & the smaller coil u should b set for quite a while hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread