My Pro-Pointer is broken and works better than ever!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Pro-Pointers and the main one that I use has been "broken" for a few months.. I say broken because it doesn't stay on unless you are holding the button in.. I was originally thinking about sending it in to Garrett once we get snowed on here and have them "fix" it but now I'm realizing how annoying it actually is to have to push the button on/off every time.. I'm really liking the way it's working and no way will I be sending it in!.. Now I just need to learn how to break the other one the same way :dontknow:

Has anyone here made their Pro-Pointer work like this? It's how they should be straight outta the box imo

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, I like the way you think. But I would send it in to have it repaired.

Mine has been working fairly well since I sent it back to Garrett twice. I changed the battery yesterday and used it last night without any issues and there was a ton of coal ashes where I was detecting and coal ashes drives the MD nuts along with the pro-pointer but they both were quite for a change.

Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I broke my switch once when doing a Homer Simpson in taking it apart for little reason. I spent hours getting that think back together and the final assembly left me with mine being like yours...a momentary switch. It bugged the heck outta me to have to keep that button depressed when probing the hole and I sent mine in to Garretts within 2 days and had it fixed. martin

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, that's a heck of an idea or feature or fortune! LoL it would save battery life if and when you forget to turn it off

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do enjoy using it as it is.. I tell you what was super annoying! .. Before it broke, I had to push the button in like 5-6-8 times to get it to stay on.. it eventually just didn't stick and that's where I'm at

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Pro-Pointers and the main one that I use has been "broken" for a few months.. I say broken because it doesn't stay on unless you are holding the button in.. I was originally thinking about sending it in to Garrett once we get snowed on here and have them "fix" it but now I'm realizing how annoying it actually is to have to push the button on/off every time.. I'm really liking the way it's working and no way will I be sending it in!.. Now I just need to learn how to break the other one the same way :dontknow:

Has anyone here made their Pro-Pointer work like this? It's how they should be straight outta the box imo

Had the same issue.. It was fine until the holes get deep then it was a pain. sent it back and they sent me a new one. Garrett rocks!

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do enjoy using it as it is.. I tell you what was super annoying! .. Before it broke, I had to push the button in like 5-6-8 times to get it to stay on.. it eventually just didn't stick and that's where I'm at

Mine is brand new..(used 1 day) and the switch is doing the same thing?

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is brand new..(used 1 day) and the switch is doing the same thing?

Hmm.. The button can be a little stiff and should be but it should be staying on for you. Maybe sit around and turn it on/off a bunch to see if it breaks in.. I have 2 and hadn't had the problem right out of the box with either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread