Save the $100 plus bux and buy the AT Pro like you want.:icon_thumright:

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it would help with separation, but at the cost of that coil, its just about the same price as the 150. You'd almost be better off getting a better MD. Not that there's anything wrong with the 150 mind you.

OP
OP
marh415

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's actually for the 350 but thanks!

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently added one on my 250. I like it most of the of time. It has an attraction for bottle caps and spent bullet casings, and Gold! I tried it instead of buying a new detector. For me it was worth it. Good luck, Mike

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently added one on my 250. I like it most of the of time. It has an attraction for bottle caps and spent bullet casings, and Gold! I tried it instead of buying a new detector. For me it was worth it. Good luck, Mike

Hey Mike, what are the Bottle caps read as?...just curious, because i never dug those with my ACE...but with the AT PRO..if they are about 2+ Inches. its sounds like a nice sweet tone :(

OP
OP
marh415

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mike, what are the Bottle caps read as?...just curious, because i never dug those with my ACE...but with the AT PRO..if they are about 2+ Inches. its sounds like a nice sweet tone :(

They give a nice tone as well... damn things! That's the problem with recreation areas!

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hiya Diggin-N-Dumps, on my 250 they give the high tone, like any coin. That is the downfall of DD coils I have heard. Oh well, it covers much more ground than ground than my hockey puck. Mike

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I borrowed the sniper coil from a friend,& put on my Ace 250,and went back to the Tot-lots and found more coins.I really want to but this coil.

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been researching on getting an at pro and getting the 5 x8 coil as well. My current detector (tesoro silver) will make pull tabs sound just like a coin even if I have discrimination past pull tab. Will an at pro with this 5x8 coil be able to distinguish a silver quarter from a pull tab? How does the at pro show a difference between these?

OP
OP
marh415

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decided to put the funds towards an AT Pro, I will be definitely getting the 5x8 for that machine!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
borntohunt460 said:
So I've been researching on getting an at pro and getting the 5 x8 coil as well. My current detector (tesoro silver) will make pull tabs sound just like a coin even if I have discrimination past pull tab. Will an at pro with this 5x8 coil be able to distinguish a silver quarter from a pull tab? How does the at pro show a difference between these?

You can easily tell the difference between a pull tab and a coin of any type (except a nickel) and once you swing it a while you will be able to tell the nickel from a tab also. Tabs are midtones and silver coins are high tones. The VDI's are also 20-30 points different depending on the coins composition. If you discriminate out the tabs you will not even hear it, or any gold items for that matter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread