Garrett Master Hunters CX CX PLUS CX III vs WHITES Eagle Spectrum&6000diprosl

casarachi

Jul 28, 2013
northeast USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Eagle Spectrum, Garrett Master Hunter, Master Hunter II & CXIII. Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! Went to the library yesterday and found two older books on treasure hunting and was taken in by the talks about cache hunting vs coins/relics. Wondering what the detectors were in the book, I found they were the Garrett CX, CX PLUS and possibly the CX III. I then went on ebay to see what the going prices were on these and came across the CX and CX plus and the seller was willing to work with me so I snagged them accompanied w/bloodhound. I have two pretty good units, a Whites EAGLE SPECTRUM and the 6000 di pro sl...so I have some experience detecting. Since I don't have the Garrett units (yet). I have never tried a Garrett so thought I should experience one. I found some info online but these particular Garrett's seem to be elusive in info and availability. There is some info but looking for more. Could someone shed some light on me if I did good obtaining these classics and any info at all, your experiences using the CX, PLUS and III would be very much appreciated, the differences pros/cons. I found a utube on the CXIII talking detector...is "talking" the only difference between the CX PLUS and CXIII?(the CX has an analog type meter whereas the PLUS is a digital screen) Can you also use the CX with the BLOODHOUND? I guess all these detectors I have are relics in their own right,:laughing7: so happy to have them. Any thoughts/comments would be helpful. (especially while waiting the next week or more before they arrive.)THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id definetly try mayb the garret site itself have u been there ?

OP
OP
C

casarachi

Jul 28, 2013
northeast USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Eagle Spectrum, Garrett Master Hunter, Master Hunter II & CXIII. Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, thanks... I just finished the book. Was very easy to get through. In the last chapter, the author, (Charles Garrett, LET'S TALK TREASURE HUNTING) talks about the CX series and I did learn a lot more, however would like to hear some unbiased opinions.

Mr. Garrett does mention that at this time 1995, (if I retained this correctly)these are the only true all metal motionless detectors made up until this time... The 2 Whites units I have are from 1991. I was under the impression that the Whites Eagle Spectrum and 6000diprosl, were also "motionless" in the all metals modes. Apparently, they do have some discrimination no matter the mode they are in, or if the discrimination is completely off on the 6000.

I also read the review in another thread from LOST TREASURE, but again, after all these years, wondering how they stand today. regarding the CX3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions