AT Pro out for delivery

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
Really excited. My AT Pro is out for delivery. One question. I have watched lots of videos. How do you tell the difference between tone roll audio on a bottle cap (low, high, low). and a good target mixed with iron. On the videos you seem to often get a low, high, low tone in those circumstances as well. Anyway, looking forward to my new AT Pro.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to have to listen to the sounds yourself as it can't really be explained with words.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
How many times have you peeked out the window?
When I got my new machine a couple of weeks ago I checked the tracking and it said that delivery was the next day and at the same time there was a knock at the door and it was here.:laughing7:

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree with Sandman. You can't really explain it. Dig everything for the first few weeks to learn the machine. No video can give you in the field knowledge, although they are helpful. Good luck!

OP
OP
G

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
Funny you should mention peeking out the window. I was doing that while I was reading your reply. :) Thanks for the other replies as well. Your answers were pretty much what I expected. There are no real shortcuts to field experience.

OP
OP
G

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
Okay, something seems wrong here. UPS tracking says the driver left to deliver my package at 7:12 am this morning. It is now almost 1 pm. I am beginning to suspect that he didn't come straight to my house. Bet he stopped for doughnuts on the way. :)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really excited. My AT Pro is out for delivery. One question. I have watched lots of videos. How do you tell the difference between tone roll audio on a bottle cap (low, high, low). and a good target mixed with iron. On the videos you seem to often get a low, high, low tone in those circumstances as well. Anyway, looking forward to my new AT Pro.

When you get a good Signal In the Standard Mode Switch to the Pro Mode And Re scan It It will Help In The learning Mode!! I Have Found Good Signals Next to A Nail!! Im Still Learning The Pro ANd Having a Blast Chug

OP
OP
G

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
Yep, got it about 3 hours later. Unfortunately, not early enough to try it out. Going out tomorrow to help a friend find his lost gold class ring. He lost it about 15 years ago in his grandmother's front yard.

OP
OP
G

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
Chug, thanks for the advice on switching back and forth between pro and standard mode. I will definitely give it a try.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gwhamil, hunt your new AT Pro in Pro Mode, Zero with 0 discrim and 1 maybe 2 bars off full sensitivity at first, dig every target and listen to what she's telling you, unlike your wife or girlfriend dont let it go in one ear and out the other, the sooner you learn her tone of voice the two of you will have a long lasting relationship, lol. I've only had mine a short time but I know when to skip over certain signals by what she tells me.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gwhamil said:
Yep, got it about 3 hours later. Unfortunately, not early enough to try it out. Going out tomorrow to help a friend find his lost gold class ring. He lost it about 15 years ago in his grandmother's front yard.

If no one has hunted the yard you will find it for sure. Good luck!

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just received mine on the 15th, good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions