should I trade up?

Kuckster

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone I have a ace 250 right now. I only really look for coins and would like a detector that will improve my hunting. Do you think i should trade up for a 350? Will it read deeper with the double d coil or should i buy the coil for the 250? Thanks everyone! I have been using the 250 for over a year now

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you know the 250 the 350 will not be any better, just different. I would get the DD coil for the 250 and a sniper coil if you don't already have one. The DD coil covers more area per sweep so you don't have to over lap as much. We the People.JPG

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Sandman. The 350 isn't really much of an upgrade. Either save your pennies for an ATP or like Sandman said...a couple of coils.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 will cover more ground and go a little deeper. It will also help with iron discrimination due to it being a higher frequency. It's not a dramatic upgrade. I'd save up for a bigger upgrade in machines, and keep the ACe for a backup.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get ya a ATP and never look back!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id have to agree save up some more & go with the Atpro u wont regret it, I mean u come this far already with the ace. Ull be by far more impressd & glad u got the pro big up grade verse a couple suttle changes from the 350

OP
OP
K

Kuckster

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I will save up for the atpro! This is a great website!

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Save your hard earned cash and put it towards the Pro, the 350 wouldn't really be upgrading! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions