Has anyone used Ear Buds on the AT Pro ???

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to do this!!

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried my iPhone earbuds with an inline volume control. Sound was great and they were more comfortable than wearing headphones.

Unfortunately more time was spent trying to keep the cords untangled than swinging. Plan on looking for a wireless option eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I used my daughters beats by dre ear buds on my Outlaw and they are aaaaaaammmmmmazing.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used ear buds with my ACE250... however I kept kneeling on them and ripping them out of my ears and or breaking them. I do better with a curly-Q style chord even if my ears get a little warm.

1%er

Aug 5, 2013
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought an inline volume control from radioshak and use them with the earbuds that came with my galaxy s3... sounds amazing lol... but like others have said, the whimpy little cord is always in the way.. either tangled on my digging tool or under my knees. then what really pisses you off is when you go to stand up and they come violently popping out of your ears. its an abrupt awakening and if youre a us marine it instantly makes you want to kill it. ...whatever it is. lol

but yes it works.. i dont think you gotta worry about ohms... the headphoes wont harm your detector.. the detector is outputting a signal, if anything youd blow an earbud... but that wont likely happen ma friend.

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Thanks for all the feedback.

With the small cord issue I will look into a wireless solution especially after reading 1%er comment " if you're a us marine it instantly makes you want to kill it. ...whatever it is "

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried the earbuds, as stated above....they work fine..except for them pesky :censored:skinny little wires....I killed mine!:angry9:

1%er

Aug 5, 2013
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fack.. its loud if they get ripped out of your ears. Not to mention the physical strain on your pricey earbud wires.

I just ordered jolly roger ultimates from amazon.

I thought of going wireless..

But that's one more thing to charge or put a battery in...

Knowing my luck the combination of mxt pro plus wireless signal plus minelab profind.. there's gonna be interference somewhere.. just gimme a big beefy cord.
Time tested .. tried n true.

Maybe there's a reason all those salty seasoned diggers still use them.

1%er

Aug 5, 2013
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're determined to use the skinny wires... radioshak sells a brand called skullcandy. Whats amazing about them is the wires are flat like a fettuccini noodle not round like a spaghetti noodle.. they do not tangle! If they do you just shake em and they instantly unravel n straighten out. Cool!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys I came across this product, started using it and now others are in our club. Its the Koss P9. Its a wrap around the head ear bud head set. The headphones weigh half an ounce, have forward facing speakers, inline volume control, only one wire/line instead of two that get in the way, great sound quality and beats every other ear bud I've used so far. $10 at koss.com. Just used them all day yesterday and didn't have to contend with sweaty ears, heaviness etc.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys I came across this product, started using it and now others are in our club. Its the Koss P9. Its a wrap around the head ear bud head set. The headphones weigh half an ounce, have forward facing speakers, inline volume control, only one wire/line instead of two that get in the way, great sound quality and beats every other ear bud I've used so far. $10 at koss.com. Just used them all day yesterday and didn't have to contend with sweaty ears, heaviness etc.

How does the length of the P9 cord work for you? I kept popping other earbuds out when I would sit my ATP down to recover a target.

In combination with the inline volume control I had about 6 ft of cord hanging down and looped around. I didn't pop out earbuds anymore but kept getting tangled up in myself. I swing my MD with my right hand but also keep my Lesche and pro pointer on right side.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you handle the AT PRO headphone connection ??? Did you buy the adaptor at $39.00 ish ??? Perry

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I took the complete stretch wire off at the Garrett land headphones and attached it to both a 6mm and a 3.5mm socket via a volume adjuster in a project box.

The plate on the back of the project box slides over a belt around my waist ..........no more pulling on the ear phones.

P7097014_600.jpg

ivanll

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the adaptor. As far as length I bought an extension but as you guys know those wires tangle so here is my fix for that. If you have seen in you car a group of wires coming out of what looks like a plastic accordion skin or wrap, ots split down the middle so you can insert wires inside in a group and so they can be moved through holes etc and not tangle up. They sell that very thing in WalMart, six feet of it in the automotive department for $3. It makes the hodgepodge connections I've made of adaptors, extensions etc look very clean and it flexes and stops any tangle from happening. For a few bucks we can break away from the hot heavy headphones.

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the complete stretch wire off at the Garrett land headphones and attached it to both a 6mm and a 3.5mm socket via a volume adjuster in a project box.

The plate on the back of the project box slides over a belt around my waist ..........no more pulling on the ear phones.

ivanll

I like the concept but hesitate to cut the cord from my headphones. Just in case.

Time to shop around for a weekend project to build my own.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I like the concept but hesitate to cut the cord from my headphones. Just in case.

Time to shop around for a weekend project to build my own.

The idea was to un-solder the wires in the headphones and use it complete........then attach another wire with a 1/4" plug for normal use................reverse procedure if/when necessary.

P1017178-P1017179_200.jpg

ivanll

robt357

Greenie
Jul 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter MkII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nicely done ivanll! and thanks for the photos too.. ill keep an eye out for some parts on the cheap to make my own. thanks!

OP
OP
MiamiFox

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:

P7097014_600.jpg

ivanll

Nice work Ivan, I like the setup. That also makes me think to mount a box to the shaft with an FM transmitter for wireless headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions