Anyone with 5x8 DD Issues pin pointing?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally purchased the smaller coil and did a quick test run last night and found that its sweet spot for pin pointing is not where you would expect it to be..in front of the shaft but is at the very front of the coil on the inside top right... Basically of it were a clock would be at the 1 o'clock position and that's swing it one way it then changes to the 11 o'clock inside coming back. Weirdest thing. Anyone else having issues like this?

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee thanks Wildman you made me feel better...LOL.. I debated for a long time about the smaller coil and a lot of ppl said it makes the ATP a stronger more precise machine and now I have a crazy machine that doesn't know where to point. Has great separation in targets but I've got to figure out the sweet spot on the coil somehow

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sucks, I have all the ATP coils, and never use anything but the 5x8, love it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread