Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought some of you might be interested in a wireless setup for the ATPro.
I used the Rapoo H3070 wireless headphones and they work fantastic.
I can now also use any headphones or earbuds with a 3.5 mm jack if I don't want to go wireless and change between them in seconds.

wireless2.JPG wireless1.JPG

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Rob hows the lag on the 2.4G? Where did you get the 3.5mm solder jacks? You can eliminate cutting and soldering the phones and the Garrett adapter cord, just get the the 1/4" male to 3.5mm female adapter plug at amazon about $2.50. Then you can use any phones, 1/4 or 3.5mm jack without the awful price of cutting and soldering.

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gleaner1 said:
Rob hows the lag on the 2.4G? Where did you get the 3.5mm solder jacks? You can eliminate cutting and soldering the phones and the Garrett adapter cord, just get the the 1/4" male to 3.5mm female adapter plug at amazon about $2.50. Then you can use any phones, 1/4 or 3.5mm jack without the awful price of cutting and soldering.

There's no noticeable lag. I bought the 3.5 mm jacks online but you can pick them up locally at Radio Shack, they were $1.50 a piece. I can use any phones now by buying an adapter from 3.5 to 1/4", but I don't need the added length as I use 3.5 or earbuds. Soldering was free, I'm an electronics engineer. I didn't use a Garrett adapter cord, the cost of eliminating that bought the whole wireless system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks gleaner, it comes out real nice for about $45. They charge real quick and sound just as good as the stock headphones for sure. I haven't used them until they went dead yet so I don't have a usage time between charging yet. It only took about 15 minutes for the mods.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice setup Rob I was looking for something like that.

I checked the website and they say a 2 hour charge and a run time of 6 hours. That's long enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

BuckEyE_OG

Jul 1, 2013
Rob does these headphones effect the detector in any way???

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using TreasureNet

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuckEyE_OG said:
Rob does these headphones effect the detector in any way???

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using TreasureNet

Hi BuckEyE. The detectors performance is not effected in any way, you just don't have the cord trying to yank your headphones off every time you set the machine down to dig or hunt in the woods. I got spoiled with my V3i's wireless headphones and had to mod the AT to match. Works great and you can switch to headphones if you prefer in seconds, even earbuds for the real hot days that you don't want to wear headphones.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great idea!

Does the wireless transmitter mounted on the detector draw it's power from the ATP battery? If so, what effect does it have on battery life?

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hoosierguy said:
Great idea!

Does the wireless transmitter mounted on the detector draw it's power from the ATP battery? If so, what effect does it have on battery life?

Hi hoosierguy, the transmitter and headphones are both separately battery operated and come with a USB "Y" cable that charges both of them at the same time. You can plug them into a computer or a 120/USB wall charger and it takes about 2 hours for a full charge if they are completely dead.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome stuff here. I'm seriously considering stuffing the rapoo receiver guts into my pro golds and cutting the cord for a totally killer wireless contraption from hell. First I'll try it on some cheap phones. You know the ones.

OP
OP
RobRieman

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gleaner1 said:
Awesome stuff here. I'm seriously considering stuffing the rapoo receiver guts into my pro golds and cutting the cord for a totally killer wireless contraption from hell. First I'll try it on some cheap phones. You know the ones.

I really don't think that would be too hard to pull off gleaner1. The receiver has to be very tiny as the rapoo headphones are very small. The only thing that could be an issue is the impedance of the pro golds being driven by the rapoo. May need a matching transformer but I would say its do able.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions