Propointer issue

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro pointer just started to act up, it's only about 5 months old. Goes on and off and sometimes won't come back on. I took the battery cap off and pushed on the battery, it than seems to work fine with pressure on the battery. I had to put a penny between cap and battery to keep it working correctly. However I'm afraid that in time the added pressure may mess it up permenitly . There is a small piece of foam, wondering if its not putting enough pressure on battery. Going to call garrett when they are open to see what's up. For 130. I shouldn't have to put a penny inside it. Hoping its just the foam they tell me. I will see if it becomes erratic again. Also changed out battery and second one didn't need the foam. Batteries are both good

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read lately duracells are shorter than other brands. Is that the brand your using, if so try energizers.

bigmatt132

Sep 1, 2013
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
GARRETT , Ace 250, Ace 350, Currently AT Pro
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche, Digger, Sampson
Look at the bottom of your 9v see if its recessed , if it is it will not get a good connection I had the same problem. With Duracell so I switched to energizer and they are not recessed on the bottom and seem to fit snug with that little piece of foam .

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definetly true same thing has happend to me actually both times with my propointer & my profind

OP
OP
M

missedshed

Sep 17, 2012
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, yeah battery has a recess in bottom. Just odd that it now is doing it with these batteries. However today the darn thing went off and wouldn't stop sounding unless I shut it off. It went off like a British police siren when it was almost touching a coin in the plug . Shut it down for a bit and no prob. After that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread