Looking to buy a Garrett

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 XB, Whites Surfmaster Amphibian II, Coinmaster Pro, Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting into MD. I've heard so many great things about the Garrett AT Pro and I'm very good at learning yet have never Metal detected before. Should I start with a Garrett Ace 250 or just jump right into a At Pro? HH to you all!!

Really depends on how big the inside of your wallet is :coins: 8-)...starting with a ACE 250 is really a good start though. But an AT Pro is of course a great MD ! Still i have alot of pleasure with my CMP and Ace 250 !!
Good luck and HH

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The At Pro has a short learning curve, it's a great detector even for beginners.

The Ace 250 works well, but a lot of detectorists trade up quickly to get ground balance, more depth and target ID numbers. Waterproof is "icing on the cake".

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u can get the,Atpro grab it u won't regret it its a very versitle detector & of course its water proof so if I wanna jump in the water salt or fresh go right ahead

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just getting into MD. I've heard so many great things about the Garrett AT Pro and I'm very good at learning yet have never Metal detected before. Should I start with a Garrett Ace 250 or just jump right into a At Pro? HH to you all!!

I just started detecting in May and bought an Ace 350 and a Pro Pointer to kick things off. I just bought an AT Pro three weeks ago after I decided I wanted a more capable relic machine! See what I'm getting at? Decide on a price range and try to include a quality pin pointer if you can, it will make your recovery quicker and easier!

bigmatt132

Sep 1, 2013
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
GARRETT , Ace 250, Ace 350, Currently AT Pro
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche, Digger, Sampson
I started detecting last summer with the 350 and the garret propointer the 350 found a ton of coins jewelry and other items. Did some reviewing of the At pro and decided to upgrade " glad I did very accurate detector , waterproof and finds stuff down to 11" my deepest coin 1955 silver dime and the noise it made was loud and clear""
So my opinion is both detectors are a great purchase period they Work.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both are GREAT machines. Garrett makes good stuff. Holler if you have any questions!

Ryno

Aug 30, 2013
Boone County, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can afford it; go with the AT Pro. I bought my first detector 3 months ago {AT Pro} and loving it. I always figured go with the best I can afford.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I'd go with the AT Pro because after a short time on the Ace you'll want to move up.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whats your budget?

OP
OP
Mjw38

Mjw38

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your budget?

Don't really have a budget, just don't want to spend more than what I think is a fair price for a good machine if that makes sense. Thanks for all the advice everybody I am leaning towards a AT Pro.

bigmatt132

Sep 1, 2013
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
GARRETT , Ace 250, Ace 350, Currently AT Pro
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche, Digger, Sampson
AtPro is a great choice will last years to come, you really won't need to upgrade, you won't be disappointed . I started with the 350 and after a few months wish I would of paid the extra $ and got the pro right out of the gate""!!!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start with the Ace 250 or 350,watch all the videos you can on either and than buy one of them,also but the Garrett pro-pointer and a good shovel or hand digger.Make a test bed in your backyard and learn the different sounds that each target makes.In about a year if you really like what your finding,sell the old detector and but the AT Pro.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may not pay it off with your finds but I'm sure your going to find it enjoyable.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go AT Pro, the learning curve isn't that steep at all.

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would highly recommend the AT Pro, very simple to use in standard mode and then when your comfortable move up to the Pro mode and unleash its full potential. If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Also check out the AT Gold. I've talked via email with Garrett and Bill Ladd and both have said the Gold was all around better machine except in salt water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions