Infinium 8" mono coil cover??

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Debby, why not just coat the bottom of the coil with marine epoxy. This will protect it from abrasions and you won't have to worry about taking it off to clean the black sand out of it. Don't ever use something like truck bed liner as it has metal shavings in it.

Qdog

Jan 2, 2015
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Infinium 8" mono and 10" x 14" coil

Debby, why not just coat the bottom of the coil with marine epoxy. This will protect it from abrasions and you won't have to worry about taking it off to clean the black sand out of it. Don't ever use something like truck bed liner as it has metal shavings in it.

Hi Sandman, can you tell me, is the marine epoxy fairly easy to remove once it is on, and do you need to cover just the bottom or should you coat the whole coil? Another question I have, but not sure of, is that I believe I read something you had posted in regards to using an infinium while diving? I think you had it set up a bit differently with a shorter shaft, am I correct? I would love to know how you set yours up because I am going to use mine will diving and I have no experience what so ever and any knowledge would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Qdog

Oh, one more thing, is it better to use the 8" (I think that is what you were using) rather than the 10x14, wouldn't I be giving up depth by using the mono?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The DD coil works better in salt water, the mono better in fresh. The mono goes deeper too.

I don't know why, just is...

Beav

Mar 22, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
VLF
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Just went to the local hardware store a bought a standard size frisbee and it snapped over the 8" mono coil for my infinium like it was made for it!
I chose a yellow smiley face, but to each his own.
Hope that helps a few and saves you $$!

Beav

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Just went to the local hardware store a bought a standard size frisbee and it snapped over the 8" mono coil for my infinium like it was made for it!
I chose a yellow smiley face, but to each his own.
Hope that helps a few and saves you $$!

Beav

Very smart.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandman, can you tell me, is the marine epoxy fairly easy to remove once it is on, and do you need to cover just the bottom or should you coat the whole coil? Another question I have, but not sure of, is that I believe I read something you had posted in regards to using an infinium while diving? I think you had it set up a bit differently with a shorter shaft, am I correct? I would love to know how you set yours up because I am going to use mine will diving and I have no experience what so ever and any knowledge would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Qdog

Oh, one more thing, is it better to use the 8" (I think that is what you were using) rather than the 10x14, wouldn't I be giving up depth by using the mono?

Once epoxy is on, its staying. You can coat the bottom and sides where it will protect the coil. I like the 8" as it speeds up recovery time and it's deeper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread