Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the first generation had an issue with coil sensitivity. These unit serial #s started with 50xxxxx. The 2nd generation added a few inches to the shaft for better balance, updated the firmware, and added cam locks to the middle shaft for stability.

If you buy new, this isn't an issue. At this date (3 years since first gen), even the older units have probably been fixed by now.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Not to worry....that was over 3 years ago.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though the first gen came out 3 years ago. Some of the dealers still have them and will send you one of the older ones. Stick to the sponsors here at Tnet and make sure you ask for the improved ones.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sent for one for my brother. Like Sandman said, stick to the sponsors of Treasure net. I know I can't mention names. One of them are giving a great package deal, check it out.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
toe2short said:
I just sent for one for my brother. Like Sandman said, stick to the sponsors of Treasure net. I know I can't mention names. One of them are giving a great package deal, check it out.

You can mention any names you want if they are a sponsor. In fact that's the whole idea to help someone out on here.

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Some of the first generation had an issue with coil sensitivity. These unit serial #s started with 50xxxxx. The 2nd generation added a few inches to the shaft for better balance, updated the firmware, and added cam locks to the middle shaft for stability.

If you buy new, this isn't an issue. At this date (3 years since first gen), even the older units have probably been fixed by now.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Im pretty sure these guys know their "STUFF" and will hook ya up! I just got an ATPro this week from them!

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I'm a firm believer a company shouldn't rush a product and make sure it is tested well before releasing it to the public. I've said before on this site that I know two other detectorists who had them. One bought it on it's initial release and the other just this past spring. Both were sent back because of leaks and the one came back and the arm cuff snapped off soon after.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread