Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New Garrett ATX

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE / Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    261 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearkat View Post
    Lots of negative people here, but that is usual for people that don't create or make anything. Just easier to run your blow holes off.
    The base package will be $2120.75. I'm in and will get one ASAP.

Screw Minelab and their expensive crap. Heres a new blog post about the Garrett ATX detector I found.

Dec 2009
    Tesoro, White's
    24 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Same here, but it might take a while to get unbiased reporting. The very first people in line might be a bit biased.
    agreed, that's common in this hobby

Charter Member
    us
    DetectorProspector.com

Apr 2005
    Reno, Nevada
    Current core group: Fisher F75 Ltd2, Gold Bug 2; Garrett ATX; Minelab CTX 3030, GPX 5000, SDC 2300; Nokta FORS Gold; White's V3i
    685 times
    Prospecting
    I do not pay attention to product reports from others. I get it and try it myself. If I need it, I keep it, if not, I sell it. Small price to pay for getting educated. I share what I think but I could not give a fig if anyone else buys an ATX or not. Well, ok, that is not exactly true. I do want machines like this to succeed just so manufacturers will take chances and try new things. Kudos to Garrett for delivering something other than just another mid-frequency do-it-all VLF detector.

Relying on others for information and then accusing them of bias is rather uncalled for in my opinion. Obviously Garrett dealers are going to have nothing but positives to say. Then there are others who trash stuff never having laid a hand on it. Or others who truly do not like a machine for their own personal needs while another person may think it is the cat's meow. Throw in the old what works good in my ground may suck in your ground and at the end of the day you can just pick the opinion you are predisposed to believe because it says what you want to hear.

Anyway, I will get one to find out what I can do with it, in large part simply because I enjoy trying new detectors. I will report back on it, and anyone who thinks I am biased please just ignore me. Should I wait a few months so as to not be one of those dreaded first people in line?
    Prospecting Since 1972 at DetectorProspector.com

au
    Dec 2012
    Brisbane
    GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
    332 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I am jealous of you guys in the US, as Garrett Aust has set our price at $3999 for the deepseeker package and $3399 for the base model.
    All US dealers have also been told that they will be penalised if they send any Garrett detectors to Aust, to people like me who don't want to pay the ripoff retail price of here if I can save $900 by buying from the US.

Now taking bets as to how long it will be before there are Chionese copies flooding Fleabay etc

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    2442 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    They make it look like you can distinguish an iron target real easy. If it does, it will be the first PI that actually lets you know the target is iron. Would make a great saltwater detector if it can read iron that easy. A big problem with PIs in the water is having to dig deep bobby pins.

us
    Oct 2009
    1906 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown View Post
    They make it look like you can distinguish an iron target real easy. If it does, it will be the first PI that actually lets you know the target is iron. Would make a great saltwater detector if it can read iron that easy. A big problem with PIs in the water is having to dig deep bobby pins.
    I think my Minelab F3 mine detector does that. I have only played with it a little but IIRC the sounds are different for Ferrous/nonFE targets and it's a PI.
    lookindown likes this.

us
    Aug 2013
    Connecticut
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Treasure Ace 200, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
    9 times
    FYI, Kellyco's pre-order price for the ATX is now posted at $2,120.75

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    518 times
    If you study the specs on the Recon Pro and the ATX, you will see that they are quite different. The ATX is a PI like the Infinium, which I have used for many years. The Infinium has limited discrimination, and I would never even consider using it in most places where I have used mt VLF detector. However, when I wanted depth in hunted out beaches or depth in hunted out woods searching for relics, the Infinium has served me well. If the ATX is an improvement over the Infinium, that would be a real bonus. I bet that the gold nugget hunters are watching this new detector.
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    518 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown View Post
    When hunting with the Infinium, most bobby pins are easy to ID. They give double bleeps, or give a moderate signal one way and quiet or null signal the other way. If the ATX has an iron ID, that is bonus!
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    2442 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Edmonton View Post
    If you study the specs on the Recon Pro and the ATX, you will see that they are quite different. The ATX is a PI like the Infinium, which I have used for many years. The Infinium has limited discrimination, and I would never even consider using it in most places where I have used mt VLF detector. However, when I wanted depth in hunted out beaches or depth in hunted out woods searching for relics, the Infinium has served me well. If the ATX is an improvement over the Infinium, that would be a real bonus. I bet that the gold nugget hunters are watching this new detector.
    I know the Sea Hunter and Infinium have disc but I hear people say all the time that they really don't do a good job discriminating. We will see if this one is different. The ATX has an iron check button, that's different.

us
    Jan 2013
    Beltsville Maryland
    Garret GTA-1000 Garrett Seahunter Mark II
    14 times
    Metal Detecting
    The new unit is the ATX-Extreme PI machine At $2400+ it better find it from 10' away dig it and put it in your pouch. The price is too extreme for me but you guys that have money to burn or nothing better to spend your money on go for it. One good thing it will have is Garrett customer service standing behind it. I have two Garrett machines but this one is too rich for me
    lookindown likes this.

Nov 2006
    South Italy
    DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
    Just curious about performances...Let's see some review...for the price I would like something of definitive, as Minelab CTX wasn't.
    1) Never dig in the archaeological sites or under the plowed soil.
    2) Give all the ancient stuff to the authorities

We all have a part in the History making, everyday!

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    2442 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv View Post
    The new unit is the ATX-Extreme PI machine At $2400+ it better find it from 10' away dig it and put it in your pouch. The price is too extreme for me but you guys that have money to burn or nothing better to spend your money on go for it. One good thing it will have is Garrett customer service standing behind it. I have two Garrett machines but this one is too rich for me
    Price too extreme for me too.

us
    Dr.

Oct 2012
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Minelab gpx5000/White's MTX300
    2500$ isn't too much for an avid hobbyist. If you spend more than 15 hours a week detecting; this machine will pay for itself in no time (if you know what you're doing).

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    2442 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by 602michael View Post
    2500$ isn't too much for an avid hobbyist. If you spend more than 15 hours a week detecting; this machine will pay for itself in no time (if you know what you're doing).
    Just because something will pay for itself doesn't mean its not overpriced...it just means it will pay for itself.
    Keppy and extractor like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsors