Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Comes with rechargeable batteries, and charger, and a sling. Its gotta be heavy. It can use a 20 inch coil! I'll be waiting to buy one for quite a while, I love my at pro too much. ;) I do like the design of the shafts though!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"There's no extreme pricing. "
Hell, there's no pricing at all....

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, $2500 is pretty steep for me. I don't live in super high mineral soil areas, or even close to salt water, so my AT Pro will do just great for me. I don't live in old enough areas where coins are 2 feet deep, and I highly doubt I'll ever find a money cache, so I guess I don't need such a heavy duty detector. Plus, I read it weighs 5.5 Lbs, (Holy....no wonder it comes with a sling) and I think the AT Pro is the heaviest I really want to go. It does look like a nice detector, but I'll be interested to see what the testers say about this compared to the Minelabs. It'll be an interesting next few months on the forums and Youtube, that's for sure.

And yes, I don't really understand what they're saying about other detectors costing 2 to 3 times as much. I don't know if I've ever seen a $7500 detector, or even a $5000 detector like this.

And No Beer Holder!

Maybe I'll get one if I ever decide to get a divorce... lol.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said in the past I like my ATP, but if I was going to shell out $2500 bux I seriously doubt it'll be for a machine Garretts had in their line for a couple years, and released with some new features. I'd go Minelab.

bigmatt132

Sep 1, 2013
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
GARRETT , Ace 250, Ace 350, Currently AT Pro
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche, Digger, Sampson
At Pro will do for me , $2500 for a detector in MI is way to much money or maybe after I find 250,000 pennies

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having so much fun with my pro I'm not ready to buy something new yet. I would hate to not be able to tell what I might be digging for and that's what I hear the pi detectors are dig all detectors.

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$2500 is MSRP according to the Garrett website. I doubt that price will stand when the dealers start selling. I'm guessing $2200, maybe $2000. Even still, I doubt I'll be putting that kind of money out for one. I like my AT Pro, Etrac, Excal and T2SE. Be hard to convince the wife I need another one without getting rid of some. Who knows though, it might live up to the hype, and if it does, might find a spot in the garage.

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$2500 is MSRP according to the Garrett website. I doubt that price will stand when the dealers start selling. I'm guessing $2200, maybe $2000. Even still, I doubt I'll be putting that kind of money out for one. I like my AT Pro, Etrac, Excal and T2SE. Be hard to convince the wife I need another one without getting rid of some. Who knows though, it might live up to the hype, and if it does, might find a spot in the garage.

Big boys hobbies is selling the package deal right now for 2500. Its on their website. I think msrp on it was around 2850. Still a good chunk of change

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
For more extreme hunting.
I love the way it folds up and the way the coil turns.
I'd like to see a comparison against the Deus.

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, is it primarily a tresure hunting or gold, or does it do both?
As the GPX5000 is directed as primarily for gold prospecting, but in the video posted above it is used to demo prospecting and treasure hunting.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big boys hobbies is selling the package deal right now for 2500. Its on their website. I think msrp on it was around 2850. Still a good chunk of change

Bart shows out of stock, so he doesn't have them yet.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is for whatever you want to use it for. Mine will look for gold nuggets and jewelry plus maybe a coin now and then.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the look of the machine and that internal coil wire is awesome. Being able to collapse the machine so easily and not have to mess with the cable...

The military rugged appearance is nice too, although it has nothing to do with how well the machine may work :)

division_atx1.jpg

Not much gold in Indiana either (unless it's coins) :2barsgold:

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well,it's not wireless,cost a lot,and weighs a lot,and is way too expensive! I don't think Garrett Hit a Home run with this one?

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Lots of negative people here, but that is usual for people that don't create or make anything. Just easier to run your blow holes off.
The base package will be $2120.75. I'm in and will get one ASAP.

Here's a new blog post about the Garrett ATX detector I found.

Just like using an Infinium LS......if the user can't work it out :dontknow: obviously it must be the detector which is faulty :BangHead:

When the Infinium LS was first released over here, it had a price tag of $Au 3200.00, I hesitate to guess the price of the ATX when released on this side.
Maybe a holiday in Hawaii would be cheaper, perhaps one can sweet talk MashDetectors to send a package over ::) ...........:coffee2:

ivanll

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread