Keeping the coil plugged in

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a poor design not meant for man size hands or fingers. Make sure you have the male end lined up correctly and I use a long nose pliers to push it forward and then you can barely turn the knob to tighten it down. The guys that seem to have no trouble must have girls fingers.:laughing7:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an old man with arthritis in both hands, joints etc. and I have no problem getting these plugs on. I am not saying they are easy but just line them up correctly add a little silicone to the o-ring, I buy this stuff in a hardware store, the one for faucets, it cost about two bucks and will last a lifetime. I have no problems getting the plug on and tightening it down. Honest, no problems at all with them. Try the silicone, I use it everytime I remove a plug or put new batteries in the machine.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
badpenny said:
I am an old man with arthritis in both hands, joints etc. and I have no problem getting these plugs on. I am not saying they are easy but just line them up correctly add a little silicone to the o-ring, I buy this stuff in a hardware store, the one for faucets, it cost about two bucks and will last a lifetime. I have no problems getting the plug on and tightening it down. Honest, no problems at all with them. Try the silicone, I use it everytime I remove a plug or put new batteries in the machine.

+1. Mine has never come loose either.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I forgot to mention the silicone on the O ring. It sure helps it to fit better. Geez, now my memory is going too.:laughing7:

OP
OP
F

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses. You guys mean silicone like a lubricant or silicone like a sealer?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I forgot to mention the silicone on the O ring. It sure helps it to fit better. Geez, now my memory is going too.:laughing7:

Lol join the club and I'm in my 40s and the wife says I can't remember stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread