Official New Garrett ATX Forum

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• garrettpanel1.gif
    garrettpanel1.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 589
Last edited by a moderator:

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new unit is the ATX-Extreme PI machine At $2400+ it better find it from 10' away dig it and put it in your pouch. The price is too extreme for me but you guys that have money to burn or nothing better to spend your money on go for it. One good thing it will have is Garrett customer service standing behind it. I have two Garrett machines but this one is too rich for me

GrievousAngel

Greenie
Feb 8, 2013
GA and CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the ATX designed and marketed to be sold to and be used with AT PRO, AT PRO GOLD or the GTI 2500 detectors? It's given that the ATX is a multi-freq PI and the others are VLF variations, but what does the ATX bring the detecting game, other than hopefully small gold in deeper holes! Typically, excellent VLF machines already do excellent discrimination and reasonably funky dirt! But if you like to dig like a gopher, the ATX should be the ONLY detector yøu need ... maybe! But heck, any respectable metal detectorists owns 2-3-4+ machines ... salty water & beaches to dry sand to black sand to clay to mineral rich rock and dirt to patchy-iron ground to the large open fields where Woodstockers & 1st Atlanta Festival types lost their clothes and buttons, many pop tops and a few fiery butane lighter torches, and maybe a few silver and gold teeth, along with the small metal hook-like bra quik-snaps! Yeah, I was at the 1st Atlanta and West Palm Beach Festivals and the grounds were covered with everything one might lose, on purpose or not! sorry I got carried away off-topic. Billy

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Was the ATX designed and marketed to be sold to and be used with AT PRO, AT PRO GOLD or the GTI 2500 detectors? It's given that the ATX is a multi-freq PI and the others are VLF variations, but what does the ATX bring the detecting game, other than hopefully small gold in deeper holes! Typically, excellent VLF machines already do excellent discrimination and reasonably funky dirt! But if you like to dig like a gopher, the ATX should be the ONLY detector yøu need ... maybe! But heck, any respectable metal detectorists owns 2-3-4+ machines ... salty water & beaches to dry sand to black sand to clay to mineral rich rock and dirt to patchy-iron ground to the large open fields where Woodstockers & 1st Atlanta Festival types lost their clothes and buttons, many pop tops and a few fiery butane lighter torches, and maybe a few silver and gold teeth, along with the small metal hook-like bra quik-snaps! Yeah, I was at the 1st Atlanta and West Palm Beach Festivals and the grounds were covered with everything one might lose, on purpose or not! sorry I got carried away off-topic. Billy

It wasn't designed to replace your AT Pro or ACE Series. It's a PI, and more of a niche detector. It should do well with searching for gold, especially in high mineralized situations, and also for jeweller/coins/rings in suitable locations. The Infinium (also a PI) has been very productive for me in freshwater lakes.

garrettpanel1.gif

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett ATX looks like a KILLER relic machine as well. Very excited to try them!

Last edited:

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm willing to give one a try down on the Gulf Coast saltwater.

My AT Gold does not not cut it in the salt, and my shark finds everything, but some descrimination would be nice.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some guys with the cash will buy them just to show off. I don't know what Garrett was thinking making a detector that you can hardly get wet at less than ten foot. It should be nice looking for gold pickers in the deserts and cheaper than the $$$ Minelab's.

rjtyree

Greenie
Sep 24, 2011
This machine was not designed for skin diving...or to be a gimmicky over priced VLF machine.

As I'm sure you can tell .... it's ment to be what it's feature set dictates, a multi-terrain prospecting machine.
How well it lives up to its stated design is as it's been said.....'we'll have to wait and see'

Cheers,

Tye

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
This machine was not designed for skin diving...or to be a gimmicky over priced VLF machine.

As I'm sure you can tell .... it's ment to be what it's feature set dictates, a multi-terrain prospecting machine.
How well it lives up to its stated design is as it's been said.....'we'll have to wait and see'

Cheers,

Tye

Well, it has worked well so far with finding rings, coins, small chains at sometimes excellent depths.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bet this thing would be a beast looking for nuggets out in a desert somewhere,,,instead of spending 5k on a minelab you could spend 2100 on an ATX and probably do really well...its the coolest looking detector i ever seen i love the military olive drab look plus it folds up really nice,you could throw it in a backpack if need be...if they threw in the deep seeker package for the 2100 i think itd be a super fair deal for this thing...we'll have to see if this thing lives up to the hype its generating..

Matchayan

Mar 28, 2014
Qualicum Beach,B.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did everyone go, I just bought a used ATX and thought I could get some information and tips on this forum. John- Edmonton, I am from Devils Lake are you still detecting and or using an ATX?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Where did everyone go, I just bought a used ATX and thought I could get some information and tips on this forum. John- Edmonton, I am from Devils Lake are you still detecting and or using an ATX?

Of course I am still detecting. My will states that all my detectors are to be buried with me in case there is an after-life. I am using the ATX, AT Pro, AT Gold And ACE Series to keep busy in my spare time.

Here's a link to see what I have been up to! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CORF4dsmopibINy0fWzGA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread