Need HELP with Garrett Sea Hunter PI machine

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently traded an extra ATP coil for a garrett sea hunter pulse induction. only problem with the whole thing is the battery pack which used oddly enough 7 rechargeable C batteries but the pack looks like 8 but one is an empty cylinder. I know that the batteries need replacing and have ordered a pack of rechargeable Cs but does anyone here have a clue how this thing is set up like maybe a diagram or may I be so lucky as a video of how to renew a battery pack. I am very handy and have equipment to solder the connections but what I am afraid of is that I need to open the pack up then open each pack up to see how its wired/connected and I don't want to lose how it was done. reverse engineering is fun to a point but I really want this thing to work. Anyone have an idea?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ21 takes 4 9volts but a friend was having trouble with his one day and pulled one battery out and it kept working with three. We both thought it had to have all four to work.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just has to be a wiring diagram or some kind of how to video on making battery packs

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure what your talking about or what you need to do...can you show us a pic?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not sure what your talking about or what you need to do...can you show us a pic?

yes, a pic please - I have a SH 2 and even I'm confused with what your query is... :dontknow:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Guess you either got a Sea Hunter XL200 or XL500 Pulse

My battery pack was replaced years ago with 7 sub C's (the red ones)
This is now replaced with AA cells..........it will run on 7 or 8.............I made space for 8 and take them out when charging is needed.

30Dec2011_PC305626.jpg

Got it in 1985, recently had it on run on a beach.......still working.

SeaHunterXL500Pulse-outing.jpg

ivanll

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow - totally different from mine!

I have a long square holder (like a large square cigar) that hold my 8 batteries and slips into the housing behind the waterproof seal.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Correct yours is a Sea Hunter MK II, using same battery holder as Infinium LS.............8 AA cells.

ivanll

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
CZ21 takes 4 9volts but a friend was having trouble with his one day and pulled one battery out and it kept working with three. We both thought it had to have all four to work.

CZ-20/21 both run on 2x9 volt batteries in series =18 volt, in order to increase the capacity 2 sets of 18 volt batteries are connected in parallel, but it is possible to run on just 2 batteries.

ivanll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread