New Garrett ATX! We will be testing it next week!

JASinBTCT

Aug 20, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look forward to reading your expert take on the ATX's features, handling and performance, Bart.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when are you going to do a review of this model?...im assuming you've had one for a few days already since you said next week on Sept 13th...
how soon before we see a nice thorough honest video review?...people are curious about this thing

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We did get to play with it in a relic hunt with Garrett a couple weeks back. I cant go into details but it is in fact very deep, VERY sensitive to small objects and folds up in seconds. I think the gold nuggets guys will be VERY VERY impressed. Should be an excellent open field relic hunter too especially in bad ground.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did get to play with it in a relic hunt with Garrett a couple weeks back. I cant go into details but it is in fact very deep, VERY sensitive to small objects and folds up in seconds. I think the gold nuggets guys will be VERY VERY impressed. Should be an excellent open field relic hunter too especially in bad ground.

I know u cant get into deteails right now but are you able to compare it to the deus or is the deus still in a land of its own, soon as i saw that it was folding quickly like a deus & resonding to small targets I know there are some things close

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know u cant get into deteails right now but are you able to compare it to the deus or is the deus still in a land of its own, soon as i saw that it was folding quickly like a deus & resonding to small targets I know there are some things close

two completely different machines. The atx is a pulse machine. I dont think you would want to hunt with an atx in the same types of areas the deus excels in. The atx will destroy a deus in depth whereas I wouldnt even attempt to take the atx to an area littered with iron which is where the deus is a cadillac...just my opinion...

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two completely different machines. The atx is a pulse machine. I dont think you would want to hunt with an atx in the same types of areas the deus excels in. The atx will destroy a deus in depth whereas I wouldnt even attempt to take the atx to an area littered with iron which is where the deus is a cadillac...just my opinion...

hey Bigboar,,,do you think the ATX would be useless for like trashy parks coin hunting? im kinda new to this hobby and trying to learn what works where and avoid purchasing a wrong detector in the future...i know the CTX has a great ability to discriminate from among trash in a cluttered park,,with the ATX not having a computer screen to show a better analysis of the object would you be at a serious disadvantage over a Deus or CTX coin shooting in trashy areas?

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
yes you would be,but it's ok 'cuz ya get to dig a lot,
and excersize is good for your heart,and also you will get plenty of
experience digging,so you can apply for a grave digger's job
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No, totally different. The XP DEUS Metal Detector is a AWESOME trash and high speed lightweight machine. GREAT for iron infestation areas.

The ATX will be awesome for EXTREME depth, sensitivity for open fields. Bad ground is NOT an issue for the Garrett ATX, punches right through it. Of course it will be a great nugget shooter as well. I would not want to use it in a trashy area. It could be done but not the prime candidate. Garrett AT Gold would do well in that type of setting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions