AT Pro Headphone Reviews and Suggestions?

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everyone,
I am currently looking at upgrading the stock headphones that came with my AT Pro. I have been looking for some good Gray Ghost Amphibian reviews, but I haven't seen a whole bunch. The sound quality of my stock headphones seems to work alright for me, and sound decent too, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on some sound quality. I know many say the Gray Ghost Amphibians have different speakers, and I can understand that, but does that also mean that they don't sound good on land? I don't go in the water too often, although I might like to someday. I just am curious if I should dump 150 bucks on some headphones, or just save my money for something else in the future and stick with my stock ones. Any opinions are welcome, I'm always open to suggestions! Thanks!

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Honestly out of the 3 sets of headphones I have I always use the Garrett Master Sounds. Even on Tesoro or old Explorer SE I had.
I have high priced stereo Bose headphones with volume control and honestly metal detecting really makes no difference. But hooked into my home stereo/theater the Bose really are far superior. I've even tried my daughters doc dre beats ears buds with my metal detector but the problem with buds is they fall/get pulled out metal detecting easily.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was also considering upgrading to a set of Gray Ghost Amphibians, hopefully more will come forward with reviews.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread