at pro screen?

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharp shooter ultra mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my atpro and I have a concern. I noticed a rainbow shaped discoloration on the screen. I only see it in the outside light, not under the light indoors. It looks almost like the screen was pushed or bumped. It doesn't seem to affect the operation as far as I can tell. Has anybody else noticed this on their machine and is it something to be concerned about? Thanks for any insight on this issue.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my atpro and I have a concern. I noticed a rainbow shaped discoloration on the screen. I only see it in the outside light, not under the light indoors. It looks almost like the screen was pushed or bumped. It doesn't seem to affect the operation as far as I can tell. Has anybody else noticed this on their machine and is it something to be concerned about? Thanks for any insight on this issue.

I see rainbow shaped discoloration on my AT Pro display all the time when wearing polarized sunglasses, which is normal with polarized sunglasses, so at times I need to look down under my sunglasses to read the screen in bright sunlight.

Bill

Last edited:

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I see rainbow shaped discoloration on my AT Pro display all the time when wearing polarized sunglasses, which is normal with polarized sunglasses, so at times I need to look down under my sunglasses to read the screen in bright sunlight.

Bill

DITTO

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine that I just got has that as well. Curious If this is normal. Mine only shows in certain outdoor light but when it does it's very apparent

OP
OP
jodee89

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. I can see it without sun glasses. Its centered at the top of the screen. The machine is brand new so maybe its nothing to be concerned of. Also, its there whether the machine is on or off.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's common with the AT pro...shouldn't affect your ability to read the screen.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pros have a plastic label added over the LCD screen. The label has a clear center section that covers the LCD, and all the graphics for buttons and everything else written on the black section. Depending on the lighting, you can get a rainbow effect from light reflecting back and forth between the LCD and this clear label. It doesn't affect performance. In addition, I had one customer's unit get water under the label. The electronics were still sealed, but it will look like your detector has water inside it. This label can be replaced, and that was the solution to the water under his label.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
jodee89

jodee89

May 26, 2013
derry, pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pros have a plastic label added over the LCD screen. The label has a clear center section that covers the LCD, and all the graphics for buttons and everything else written on the black section. Depending on the lighting, you can get a rainbow effect from light reflecting back and forth between the LCD and this clear label. It doesn't affect performance. In addition, I had one customer's unit get water under the label. The electronics were still sealed, but it will look like your detector has water inside it. This label can be replaced, and that was the solution to the water under his label.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Thanks for the good info. It puts my mind at ease. BTW....I'm loving this thing. I'm picking up targets my bounty hunter left behind.

hobby

Aug 9, 2013

I also had on my new at pro this rainbow coloring. When came out of the box .but now it is clear .may be it was raining in the box .

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
I noticed this when leaving my AT Pro in the trunk and when it got hot out. I stopped leaving it in the vehicle and the coloration went away.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only real complaint with the ATP is the screen can be hard to read in the best of conditions. I am used to it but it bothered me at 1st.

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
My only real complaint with the ATP is the screen can be hard to read in the best of conditions. I am used to it but it bothered me at 1st.

Guys it is normal to have the coloring on the screen when the at pro is new the coloring will go away after few days of use I use it between 16 to 24 hours a week all I can say it is a works like horse I never had problems with at pro ,in fact the more you learn to use it the deeper the finds that will be easier some times to have a shovel on the beach ,I hope you will feel better if I tell that I dig out old coins 1919,1952, 1970,60s ,that machine can surprise you ,let others pay 1500 $ after all that machine does the and can go in water .i owned 6 detectors before .

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Yep, I see the rainbow on my new unit also...doesn't bother me enough to really want to do any thing about it (unless there's a recall). Just figured plastic is plastic, it does funny things under different light conditions. Actually tho, it looks like someone at the factory would have seen this problem during field tests and amended it early on. Really doesn't enhance the detector which is an appreciable investment for most of us.

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Now i'm looking for it to go away. I'm really impressed with the detection abilities of this detector...like it a lot. Actually not super interested in digging so deep for a penny, but gotta count my blessings.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Totally normal on the AT Series from Garrett. AWESOME machines for the $.

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Truthfully, it doesn't bother me at all...still see everything. Correct on the hot car! The Garrett manual mentions this. No consumer electronic device enjoys temperature extremes.

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't fathom why anyone would want to leave their 649.00 at pro in a hot car????? ok maybe you got yours for less, but still, it is a metal detector not a football, golf club, ball bat, roller skates, bowling ball, or other hobby toy.............
ITS A METAL DETECTOR MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old post but when I googled this problem it brought this post up. I just got my AT PRO YESTERDAY and this rainbow thing is pissing me off! Garrett screens are small and crowded to begin with. Now with a rainbow going through it??? This should have been resolved by Garrett long ago!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread