Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Attachments

• ace250.JPG
    ace250.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 534

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
They all look the same on the outside. But I know there is an internal difference in the old and new ones. I do see the addition of one additional trimmer on the newer ones.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Tony,
I know from opening up the 250's that there is an internal difference. I stated the difference in my previous post. Not only do the newer ones have an additional surface mounted trimmer. There is also a difference in the materials they use to hold the snap switches in place also.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
There was a pinpoint problem with the first ones.They didn't have the serial #s but if it was purchasrd prior to the following march of introduction,they would do an upgrade at no cost.I sent mine in and they took care of it pronto at no charge.I live in MO and I had it back within 5 days of shipping it off.The outside appearance did not change.It was strickly an internal fix.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
khouse. I realized after I posted that you mentioned the internal updates. Just didn't dawn on me when I was posting and I was only thinking about outward appearences. Thansk for the heads up :)

Fluid_Thought

May 29, 2005
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 w/ Crossfire II 8.5" Coil
Does anyone know the specific problem with the pinpointing? I have some problem with my pin pointer on my Ace but have since gotten used to it and managed to work around it. I'm not sure if my is one of the first productions or one form later on.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
There is a thread here that goes over the 250 pinpointing.
Look for the "problem with pinpointing" thread.

Ralph Sun Ray

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2007
Another update is the delay on the older units has been corrected with the new ones. Earlier models could not be switched on right away after turning them off. You had to wait four seconds before pushing the power button or it would not turn back on. I am not sure exactly when they did this update but all the new onss that we get in now can be turned off and back on immediately without the delay. Hope this helps.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

Fluid_Thought

May 29, 2005
Detector(s) used
Actually this does help, thanks. It tells me that I do have he updated version as it comes on right way after turning it off. I still might send my detector in over the hibernating months and get the pin pointer looked at.

Fluid_Thought

May 29, 2005
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the link, I read over the procedure for pin pointing and this is good stuff to know. The problem I'm having though isn't with my technique, the problem is that the pin pointer on the ACE doesn't like to engage all the time. Sometimes I get a very quite tone, some times I get nothing while other times it woks just fine. It's never the same, sometimes I have to press the button (pin point button) four or five times before it acts right.

This too me sounds off a hardware issue but I'm not a true expert on these machines :D.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silicon_Snail said:
Thanks for the link, I read over the procedure for pin pointing and this is good stuff to know. The problem I'm having though isn't with my technique, the problem is that the pin pointer on the ACE doesn't like to engage all the time. Sometimes I get a very quite tone, some times I get nothing while other times it woks just fine. It's never the same, sometimes I have to press the button (pin point button) four or five times before it acts right.

This too me sounds off a hardware issue but I'm not a true expert on these machines :D.
Just a thought...when you hit the pinpoint..are you close to being directly over the target...if so, move your detector a little to the right or left..hit the pinpoint and then go back to the target with the pinpoint engaged..just a thought.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silicon_Snail said:

Yep, have the same issue with mine....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread