Batteries
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Batteries

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2012
    Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
    1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
    490 times
    Metal Detecting

Batteries

I tried lithium batteries in my AT Gold. lasted two months then went dead in two minutes. Has anyone had experience with these? The machine sounds very differently with them, at least to my ears.Had to relearn the sounds. Don't think I will use them again. Any discussion here? Best to All. Pete
    Last edited by pistol-pete; Sep 24, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
    ONE FLAG, ONE LANGUAGE, ONE CHRISTIAN NATION UNDER GOD.
    The RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms.
    What part of "WILL NOT BE INFRINGED" Don't you understand??
    That means ANY Gun law ever enacted is unconstituional

us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
    3737 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
    I tried lithium batteries in my AT Gold. lasted two months then went dead in two minutes. Has anyone had experience with these? The machine sounds very differently with them, at least to my ears.Had to relearn the sounds. Don't think I will use them again. Any discussion here? Best to All. Pete
    I used to use those in my ACE 250...But hell 2 months is pretty good right?...Im not sure how much you go out. I use the plain jane Duracells and dont have any issues....I change them about once every 3 weeks thou

us
    Oct 2010
    U.P. Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro
    124 times
    Metal Detecting
    I use 4 Sanyo Eneloop XX Rechargeable 2500 mAh and 4 Energizer AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries from WallysWorld, don't recall the mAH on those and a La Crosse smart charger, works for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3067426988.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	869672

us
    Scott

Jun 2013
    Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
    819 times
    I tried those batteries and expected them to do as they promised of lasting 6 times longer than normal but they were done in no time. I bought some crappy dollar general batteries since these went dead on me and hadn't planned on it and they've been working for weeks now, way longer than those 4 batteries for $9 and yes it made it act weird too. I won't be buying them again.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain
    To Dig or Not to Dig-That is the Question.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    Minelab CTX 3030.... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
    2387 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I buy large paks of Duracell Copper Tops. I hunt 2-3 times a week, with my ATP. Never really kept tract of hours od use, but they last pretty good. Last week hunted with one bar of battery, back to the Jeep, and still found targets at 6+ inches. I think I've been changing to soon, outa fear!
    1844 Canadian Half Cent ... (2) 1859 Canadian Large Cent... 1873 Three Cent Nickle... 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece... 1858 Seated Half Dime... 1875 Seated Half Dollar... 1863 Fatty IH ... Civil War Eagle I button ... Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    472 times
    Question for you AT Pro/Gold guys.
    I'm getting an AT Gold this winter and was wondering how long the batteries last on average? I've read the manual and it says,
    Expect 20 to 40 hours of operation depending on
    battery type and quality.

I know my Outlaw doesn't have a display so it saves on juice and I just hit the 70 hour mark on my first single 9 volt. The manual says 10-20 hours lol.
    My GTI 2500 would go around 30 hours average on 8 AA's.

us
    Jun 2012
    Winchester, Va
    Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronzie View Post
    Question for you AT Pro/Gold guys.
    I'm getting an AT Gold this winter and was wondering how long the batteries last on average? I've read the manual and it says,
    Expect 20 to 40 hours of operation depending on
    battery type and quality.

I know my Outlaw doesn't have a display so it saves on juice and I just hit the 70 hour mark on my first single 9 volt. The manual says 10-20 hours lol.
    My GTI 2500 would go around 30 hours average on 8 AA's.
    20-40 hours seems right to me. I usually change them before they get to one bar, usually at 2 bars. I use the "2 bar" batteries in my daughters toys.

us
    Jun 2012
    Winchester, Va
    Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
    I noticed with cheap off brand batteries things were a little different also. I've tried rechargeables, Sunbeam, Diehard, Energizer and Duracell. Duracell seemed to last the longest and not do anything weird, haven't used anything else since for over a year.

us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
    3737 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1841 View Post
    I buy large paks of Duracell Copper Tops. I hunt 2-3 times a week, with my ATP. Never really kept tract of hours od use, but they last pretty good. Last week hunted with one bar of battery, back to the Jeep, and still found targets at 6+ inches. I think I've been changing to soon, outa fear!
    Its funny you say that...because the first few gold rings i found were with 1 bar and 1 bar blinking...But you are dead right..i was still hitting signals 6+ easy..

Sometimes i forgot that I only have 2 bars left on my machine...and when i go back out the next time, its full for about 15 minutes..but can still last for another few hours..

us
    Oct 2010
    U.P. Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro
    124 times
    Metal Detecting
    I like eneloop 2500mAh rechargeables the best, using a smart charger. I hate buying battery's.

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    756 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Potts View Post
    I like eneloop 2500mAh rechargeables the best, using a smart charger. I hate buying battery's.

eneloop are great batteries.
    Potts likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Nokta Makro Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Pulltab

Jan 2013
    Orland Park
    Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
    189 times
    I got energizer rechargeable batteries and have had good luck with them. We use them in the remotes for our rc cars and also in some controllers for my sons video games. Saves a bunch of money on batteries.
    pat-tekker-cat likes this.

us
    Aug 2013
    12 times
    Alkaline batteries have 1.5 volts and rechargeables are 1.2. Alkaline drops to 1.2 volt when at 50% of its charge. Rechargeables hold 1.2 volts almost the entire discharge cycle.

My question is does the extra voltage give a better signal like it does a radio?

us
    Pulltab

Jan 2013
    Orland Park
    Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
    189 times
    I didnt notice a difference on my detector.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1530 times
    I would never use the lithium because they are higher voltage and I don't want to experiment to see if they burn out the detector or shorten it's life span. One guy was using them and his detector crapped out. And like the one poster said, they do not last 6 times as long, only about twice as long and they cost several times more than alkaline type. I don't even like the rechargables because you always have to tend them and they don't last as long, lose their charge even when not being used and will be off four bars in no time. That's a pain. I get alkalines at Costco four for a dollar. And they last about thirty hours in a city park. If you go prospecting, there are usually a lot less targets and the battery life is much longer. Someone said if you run in Iron Audio all the time it will reduce the battery life.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links