DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Consider the AT Gold. It has a true all metal mode (even more depth) and an adjustable threshold plus it's water proof. The other two are not water proof. The GTI 2500 also has a true all metal mode, plus it can size a target for you in the top 5-6 inches.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
For a Garrett I'd agree with John with an AT Gold. Owned a GTI 2500 and the use of an E-Trac (which I almost bought) and then tried a Tesoro.
My Outlaw out performs the GTI by a mile and can compete with the E-Trac for a lot less money.
Choosing a Garrett I'd definitely go with the AT Gold. But for super depth the Tesoro Tejon is it.
My next 2 machines before spring are the AT Gold & the Tesoro Tejon.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a GTI2500 and I was not impressed. That's pretty antiquated technology.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Gold... w/8.5x11 coil, around here mine gets more depth than all the other detectors i've had/have (same test garden/targets/conditions)..... etrac/ctx/f75/f75se/t2/excal all metal mode is excellent, iron audio feature is icing on the cake, smokes the rest around iron/nails also! Your mileage may vary

Last edited:

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
I love my AT pro.I have been thinking about getting a extra detector.I was thinking the GTI 2500 or the E-trac.Any suggestons ?:help: I almost bought the GTI but settled for the Pro. I have found lots of relics but looking for more depth.
I think the GTI is a waist for me if I have AT PRO to buy the E TRC you will need to swing match slower than the AT PRO the E TRAC takes match longer to process the information due to old age lol . E TRAC is a great detector

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id go for a gold, but If ur looki.g for something super fast,light that u could easily go all day with & can process in the blink of an eye as many targets that are in the ground, better in iron,go for a deus xp crazy crazy machine well worth it

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Consider the AT Gold. It has a true all metal mode (even more depth) and an adjustable threshold plus it's water proof. The other two are not water proof. The GTI 2500 also has a true all metal mode, plus it can size a target for you in the top 5-6 inches.

Great post! The All Metal mode really punches down there!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would skip the Minelab Etrac and Gti 2500. Would defiantly look into a At Gold if i didn't already have an At Pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions