volume on AT Pro with headphone adapter?

jgospoda

Oct 12, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Greetings,
I cannot stand the huge heavy tight garrett headphones. I ordered the adapter on amazon from garrett that allows a mini plug so I can use my favorite bose headphones. I set it up and the sound is too loud to handle! Is there any way to adjust the volume with small in ear headphones like those for an ipod? I think made a bad buy....

Thanks for any ideas!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search "inline head phone volume control" or go to Radio Shack ($10)
If you use ear buds, make sure you clip the wire to you colths so it does not swing around below your hands. The wire on the MD will pick it up and make you go crazy looking for the good signal that is not repeatable.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Garrett ClearSound Easy Stow headphones for my AT Pro. These have the in-line volume control you're looking for and work great. Unlike most folks out there, I just have the headphones sitting around my neck so I can hear what's going on around me. I like being aware of my surroundings! And since the ear muffs swivel I am able to do this and to me it's comfortable. But you can just wear them as normal too. Just remember to turn the volume down! :laughing7:

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett underwater Phones have NO vol. control and are to loud// Do you have to cut the inline control in and can it be waterproof ?? Perry

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its Me Again // Is the connector on the ATP headphones a std unit I can get at a radio shack or equivalent ??? Perry

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its Me Again // Is the connector on the ATP headphones a std unit I can get at a radio shack or equivalent ??? Perry

Hi Perry
You cannot get the connector locally. You can order one online from Garrett, vendors on T-Net, etc. Bart at BigBoysHobbies on here can set you up with one.

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got ear buds with volume control and it works fine. Also the gray ghost head phones come with volume control and are great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread