Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my usual tot-lot today only to find 2 other people there telling me that there was nothing here,one had a Bounty Hunter and the other had some flea market fine.They said it was to hard to find anything because this tot-lot had gravel instead of wood chips,so I told them that they ought to search by the swings & picnic tables where there was dirt. So I pulled out my pro-pointer and started swinging,first swing got me a 2010 quarter and then there were 10 nickles,8 more quarters,and 20 penny's and assorted junk,this tot-lot has allot of buried pencils?About 30 minutes later I look up and this kid with the Bounty Hunter asks me how I'm finding so much stuff??? ,I told him that it's a Garret Ace 250 and this thing loves money.He tells me that he was gonna buy it ,but he thought that the yellow color meant that it was for girls? So I let him try mine and he finds a nickle.I also told him that each tot-lot is different,some have landscape fabric placed down first,and held down with big metal staples and then covered with either wood mulch or pea gravel,this school had some kind of plastic like concrete poured down first and then about 3 to 4 inches of pea gravel poured on it. Total fines 9 quarters,10 nickles= $2.95

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds great story love sharing the hobby with the kids makes ya smile

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You talk about a hot Ace 250 well we had an Ace 250 a lot hotter today. Well my grandson went detecting with me today and he used my Ace 250 and I used my At Pro. We started at 12:30 and quit at 2:00 pm. He is 14 and managed to find 40 Quarters, 3 dimes and 9 pennies. Not bad for a 14 year kid. I found 48 quarters, 11 dimes and 20 pennies with my ATP. Altogether we found $23.59 today in less than 2 hours.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam surprised how many kids start to follow me around the play grounds etc. they end up digging when my detector sounds off, I bet I had at least 6 kids following behind me , my youngest daughter is usualy with me as well, my 14 year old daughter thinks detecting is "un kewl" lol

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my usual tot-lot today only to find 2 other people there telling me that there was nothing here,one had a Bounty Hunter and the other had some flea market fine.They said it was to hard to find anything because this tot-lot had gravel instead of wood chips,so I told them that they ought to search by the swings & picnic tables where there was dirt. So I pulled out my pro-pointer and started swinging,first swing got me a 2010 quarter and then there were 10 nickles,8 more quarters,and 20 penny's and assorted junk,this tot-lot has allot of buried pencils?About 30 minutes later I look up and this kid with the Bounty Hunter asks me how I'm finding so much stuff??? ,I told him that it's a Garret Ace 250 and this thing loves money.He tells me that he was gonna buy it ,but he thought that the yellow color meant that it was for girls? So I let him try mine and he finds a nickle.I also told him that each tot-lot is different,some have landscape fabric placed down first,and held down with big metal staples and then covered with either wood mulch or pea gravel,this school had some kind of plastic like concrete poured down first and then about 3 to 4 inches of pea gravel poured on it. Total fines 9 quarters,10 nickles= $2.95
that's the way to do it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread