NEL coil for AT Pro?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad to hear this jedi,as i am suppose to recieve my attack by tues...I bought it now as i am goin to the beach on sat for a week and from reviews and videos i have seen its going to be benificial on dry sand and wet sand

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes i think you will love it... please post some feedback after your beach hunts..

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEL ATTACK 15” COIL on AT PRO test ***

This is from Sunday mornings 3rd test run with this combo. As you can see by the pictures I found 39 coins (none good) at this 1912 house, in the front yard, that has been condemned by fire. (14) coins I found on one side of the front yard that I had went over 2X already with the 5x8 coil. The conclusion is that the original Garrett coils give you tons of info on the target below and tell you what you may not want to dig. The NEL coil tells you what you should dig. You will dig more bottle caps, but you will dig more coins! I found the dragonfly pin on the side I already went over 2X with the 5x8 coil? All of the signals I dug with the NEL coil were solid double pings. I do not know how I missed them with the factory coil? If this NEL coil was a piece of garbage I would also post that, but so far has been awesome. I found (5) wheats on the 2nd outing on lawns I already had went over 2x with the standard coils. I also found a nice “Black Hills” silver ring too! More feedback on the 15” ATTACK coil to follow.

Gary from Oregon md11.jpg md22.jpg md33.jpg md44.jpg md55.jpg md66.jpg md77.jpg md88.jpg md88.jpg

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks cool thread btw! May I ask what about the Nel sharp shooter? I only have the standard coil on my ATP and was thinking of getting the small coil from nel. Is it good or better than the small Garrett 5x8 coil??

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered the nel sharpshooter last night and will give you a report on its performance after the weekend. I have the stock coil and the 5x8 already...

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my nel attack coil a couple of days ago....headed for the beach on sat. Hope to get out sat evening to try it out.Im taking my laptop,I will try to give a report on how the nel is doing....I hope my expectations arent too high.....It is saltwater....lol

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet...
Please give us a report on your trip with the attack coil.
I have the Sharpshooter 5.5x9.5" NEL coil that will be here tomorrow to replace my factory Garrett 5x8" coil. I will give a report of its performance after a couple of outings... good or bad...
Gary from Oregon

jackedliberty

Oct 5, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own an AT Pro yet, but once I get one, a NEL coil will be one of my first accessory purchases. Other than a pinpointing learning curve, I hear nothing but good things about the coils after doing extensive research. I want to get the NEL BIG coil so that I can cover as much ground as I can.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be a 15x17' coil... the biggest they make... Mine is 15x15" and I love it...

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
That would be a 15x17' coil... the biggest they make... Mine is 15x15" and I love it...

Which if you look at those dimensions you'll notice the height is the same so you will cover the same distance per swing. The only thing someone should get the big Over the attack would be a want for even more depth because you'll cover the same amount of area in the same amount of time.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well...im at the beach and have used the nel attack coil on the beach several times(on my atp).My evaluation so far is...First off it would literally wear you out trying to use it in the water.First off coil is very large and second its very buoyant.Now on wet sand its not real tough to quieten it down enough to detect with.The biggest problem im having is emi from the high rise condos up and down the beach.At times I am using full sense,when I have to drop it down im usually in front of a large condo,and as a matter of fact im having a lot of trouble in the dry sand getting it quiet.So basically the further away from the buildings the hotter I can run it.Now...the depth is not what I expected and I haven't dug a target more than 3 or 4 inches and I have dug a lot of targets. But it hits hard on the targets and u will hear it even among the chatter.Doesent seem to have a lot of depth but it is sensitive....it loves bobby pins and small pieces of iron smaller than a dime.You have to pay attention as usual for the iron tones on either side of the high tone because it hits high tones on small bits of iron...but will give that iron roll on either side if u listen.....no gold or silver yet....but it does hit hard on coins and gives accurate vdi on them......more later...Barrywk

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still no Nel SS coil update? Can't wait on the coming report !

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEL Sharpshooter report is coming... I tried it for a few hours and really liked it. I like the fact that it is just 1/2" wider but 1.5" longer than the factory 5x8. It is very sensitive with good depth too. I like it so much I already sold my 5x8 to my friend. More to come...

I dont think I will ever use the factory 8.5 x 11" coil ever again... just NEL coils for me :)

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow to me if the factory ATP coil is good then the NEL's gotta be insane! Definately on my wish list is the NEL SS coil then!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great choice... they are $122 delivered for the sharpshooter and $230 for the attack...

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey...masterjedi...do we have a report on the nel sharpshooter coil yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions