NEL coil for AT Pro?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only used it a couple of times. I keep using the big attack coil.. It seems to be built very well. I like it because it is a little larger than the factory five by 8 coil. It is 5.5 inches by 9 inches. I will report out on it later after I have used it more. I wish I had a better answer for you now. The NEL 15 inch attack coil works amazing...here is what I found this morning with the attack coil.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140810_114750.png
    ForumRunner_20140810_114750.png
    348.6 KB · Views: 165

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterjedi...then as i have used the attack coil only at beach,what kind of site r u using it at and can u give a summary on it

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
barrywk..

I use mine at old homes and parking strips in the old part of our town. Mostly just old houses. Here is what I posted on another thread this morning...

Update on the AT PRO with 15" NEL ATTACK coil. It keeps amazing me! I took it to the most metal infested turn of the century house in our town. I took 2 of my friends there in the past and all of us with AT PRO's. I have been there 3 times with both factory coils. The 8.5 x 11" and the 5 x 8". There are nails and metal everywhere. You can see pieces of metal even on top of the ground. We nick named this the crazy house. This house was built in approx 1900 +/- a few years. I took the 15" Attack coil there to see how it would perform in this crazy environment. I thought it would be too noisy with the large coil. It was noisy but this coil picked out items in among all of this metal trash. Remember, I had covered all of this ground in the past with the factory coils. I found the license plate and everything below it in the attached picture with the Attack coil this morning. The other items came from parking strips in my town. I found 5+ wheat's today I haven't cleaned the coins up yet. I bought the NEL 5.5 x9" sharpshooter coil too but have only been out with it a couple of times. I will report out on it when I have used it more...

I have been back over ground many times now with the NEL that I covered completely with the factory coils and find coins and stuff I should have found with the factory coils?

I am very happy with the NEL coils...

Thanks Gary

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gary....I wasnt going to use the attack in places like that but now im but going to try it....Thanx for the report.....Barry

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try it.... it will amaze you :))

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
barrywk...

Also this old house is sooooo infested with all kinds of metal, today I ran Pro mode custom, iron discrim all the way to 40, notched out everything up to 70. Only targeted high tones for this test run. I did not think I could even cover this type of dynamic with a big coil, but it worked great. I will finish the whole yard in this setup then I am going to try iron discrim all the way to 40, notch out up to 50, then notch out anything above 70. So I am only going to target between 50 and 70 to see how it performs? I will give you an update after that test run...

Normally I run the Attack coil with iron discrim set to 40, sensitivity 2 bars down, in pro mode only... It works super great!!!

Gary

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gary...Im going to an iron infested site tomorrow...I think im gonna put the attack on and give this a try.....will look forward to your next post.....I got one question though....Why are u running two down on sense

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always run two bars down... A little more stable especially with this big coil...

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok...I havent had any issues with that,even at beach i was runnin full sense 95 % of the time with very little chatter...Thanx and good luck on your next hunt....Barry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread