mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not see a post for this so I was curious if anybody has tried an NEL 15" DD Attack coil on their AT Pro? I know the stock coil works great but the one video I watched shows the NEL coil sniffing out deeper targets. Any thoughts or experiences out there? Thanks.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
There have been both good and bad comments from users of this coil on the AT Pro. Keep searching for more information to make a good decision.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered one.
I will post honest feedback after next weekends hunts.

ffx2

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 350
This past weekend I was out hunting a 1700's house with a group of guys and shortly after I searched an area with my stock coil another guy came through with a 15 inch attack coil and found a Vermont cooper.

I will have a larger coil on order by Monday but am not sure which one I'm ordering yet

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up purchasing a 15 X 12 NEL coil quite a while ago but have not used it much. The areas I search seem to be full of metal trash so a large coil is not the way to go. However, I have found 22 shells at about 8" deep so the coil definitely seeks out those deep targets!

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this on youtube. Really impressed me on the Nel attack coil! IMO it's great! Then again the stock coil is awesome too. A couple of days ago at the beach I found a key I'd say at 12" deep in wet sand. At first I thought it was a ghost signal and water started to come out of the hole. I reached with my hand and there it was!

Attachments

• image-679966206.jpg
    image-679966206.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 164
  • image-2169710100.jpg
    image-2169710100.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 294

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for all of the feedback. I tracked my coil shippment and it should be here Minday... my feedback will come after I use it a couple of times.... i am excited to try it out..

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn’t wait even though it is 90+ degrees outside today. I took the NEL 15” Attack coil on my AT PRO and took it to a school that I did back in the late 70's that we took over 100 silver dimes off of it back then, mostly mercs. I also have used my Garrett Ace 350 and my AT PRO at this same school. My friend and I are going to go there Saturday morning and give it a really good first test. Tonight I only tested it for 15 minutes on a side field and found 2 dimes and a quarter all clad but all approx 5” deep. The dimes were low volume and hi ping repeatable sound. My goal is to go over the main field where all of the silver was found with my new coil and see how it does? I have not been able to find silver on this field with my other 2 detectors (cleaned out back in the day). I have a very good feeling after the short test tonight! It performs as advertized. It is so much more stable and quieter than the stock coils. I have both the 8.5 x 11" & the 5 x 8" PROformance DD search coils* for my AT PRO. Don’t get me wrong I love this detector I am just looking for that edge to get more depth out of a coil. I think I found it. It was quiet enough that I could run it at full sensitivity. The field is a low trash area which is perfect for this type of large coil. I do not think it will be good to use in a hi trash area (time will tell). This coil is so big you can cover a lot of ground very fast. I am very impressed so far. More to come :)
Gary from Oregon

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to here you results after a good hunt. I'm on the fence about one of these coils rite now.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cant wait either.... :)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
md3.jpg md1.jpg md2.jpg NEL 15” Attack coil on my Garrett AT PRO... 7-18-2014
I took it out today for its second short outing to a house that I have went over with my ACE 350 & my AT PRO. I even went over this yard in both directions trying to clean it out. I found a lot of stuff on this yard including (1) merc. The house looks to have been built in the 1950's and the yard is small approx 25' x 30'. I figured I was done with it and wasn’t going to go back. Then I thought what a great place to try the new NEL coil combo. I found all of this tonight in approx 1.5 hours. I found a rusty knife, small cheap piece of jewelry, 14 coins including (2) wheats... 1938D & 1944S. I also dug a lot of junk. I need to get used to this coil. The coil is very quiet and all of this was found 4-8” deep. The coil separated the good targets very well. Tomorrow morning is a 4 hour test hunt with this new combo. I will give you an update when I get back.

Gary from Oregon md1.jpg md2.jpg

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool can't wait for more.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled the trigger weds and ordered the 15 inch nel attack coil....Been seeing so many good things about it.....Goin to the beach for a week next sat,Im hoping it helps in the salt environment

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pulled the trigger weds and ordered the 15 inch nel attack coil....Been seeing so many good things about it.....Goin to the beach for a week next sat,Im hoping it helps in the salt environment

Be sure to post a report !!

Also, who stocks these coils and how much??

Thanks

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine from Colonial Metal Detectors... their on Ebay too... Got it in 3 days from the east coast and it was $230 delivered...

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same place as jedi...colonial detectors

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update 7-19-2014
I could not go out to the field I wanted to this morning the sprinkler system was running and the grass was like 7" tall. I will go back to this later. I picked a very trashy house built approx 1900 and it was not good. This large coil is for large low trash areas or a place that has already been gone over. I went to a house that was built in the 1940's that I had went over 2 times in both directions. I thought I had cleaned it out with my AT PRO with the standard coil. I found this today and found 3 wheat's that were missed somehow in the 2 times I was there before? I make a point to try to not miss anything! This NEL large coil goes deeper and it also finds coins that are iffy signals on the standard coil. Each of these hits were not iffy but solid hits each time. I am very happy with this coil for what it is intended for. I wish I was a beach hunter, this thing would be awesome.
Gary from Oregon md4.jpg md5.jpg md6.jpg md7.png

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems the NEL is really paying off for you MasterJedi. Good to hear/see you are picking up some nice targets! I go through Colonial Metal Detectors too. They provide the best customer service I've seen in a business.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you yes Colonial gave me great service too! These coins were just out of reach of my standard coil on my Garrett AT PRO. I thought I had a really cleaned out both of these areas and ended up finding 5 wheat cents with the NEL coil. It is not good for trashy areas, but very good for open areas. I will use my small double D, then I will switch to this 15 inch NEL Attack coil....
I love this thing!
Gary from Oregon

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome how much was it with shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread