New Garrett ATX Video here - A Comparison

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You just validated what Garrett has in their spec sheet.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/garrett_atx_introducing_lowres.pdf

validate.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a shamewe can't get an experienced GPX user to set up the Minelab. I'm sure the Garrett is a GREAT machine, but the GPX - when set up correctly, can beat it to death. Just my 2-Cents.

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Thanks for saying I'm not an experienced GPX user...Just a shame you just don't like the results. If your so good with the Minelab do your own videos Mr. Easy to be Critical. You can have your 2 cents back...you need it to fund your arrogance.

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Yes John, that is just what Garrett was referring to in their spec sheet. Some people just don't like the test results! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for saying I'm not an experienced GPX user...Just a shame you just don't like the results. If your so good with the Minelab do your own videos Mr. Easy to be Critical. You can have your 2 cents back...you need it to fund your arrogance.

Not trying to be arrogant, just stating my opinion. You can't be using generic settings and expect not to catch some flak. I suspect there will be plenty of comparison videos on these two machines, and I for one look forward to them. I'm not dissing you, just questioning your GPX settings and choice of coils for the job you are trying to do.

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
""just questioning your GPX settings and choice of coils for the job you are trying to do."" - I answered that in the very first minute of the video. If you missed that and fast forwarded and still made your biased comments, that my friend, is arrogant.

I have exposed Minelabs dirty little sercret about switching modes and possibility of loosing gold...even with a mono coil.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
""just questioning your GPX settings and choice of coils for the job you are trying to do."" - I answered that in the very first minute of the video. If you missed that and fast forwarded and still made your biased comments, that my friend, is arrogant.

I have exposed Minelabs dirty little sercret about switching modes and possibility of loosing gold...even with a mono coil.

No, I heard your explanation. Look, I think your comparison video is flawed. That is my opinion as a long time GPX user who knows what even the 4000 is capable of doing. As I said in my first post, I'm sure the new Garrett is a GREAT machine, but it ain't a Minelab GPX 5000. I may end up buying a few Garrett ATX machines for my school as they seem like very simple machines to set up for greenhorns - But, I'll stick with my GPX 5000 for myself.

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Well Terry, might be flawed in your eyes mainly because there are TOO MANY settings to shuffle through for the common man to want to deal with, that is who my videos are for, not arrogant Minelab user's who think their OVER PRICED detector is God's gift to metal detecting. God would make it lower cost, kinda like the ATX, Lol

I want to be clear here Terry, I'm not trying to get people to throw away their 5000's, I won't, but I'm trying to show them there is a more cost effective alternative that won't miss hardly any gold, deep or shallow for the people to choose from. Can you see that? Hope so...

I think you should add an ATX to your arsenal, not to replace it. Get it? That is my whole point in the video, plus exposing weeknesses in the Minelab, Lol :tongue3:

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I feel....Mmm, like getting some gold!!

Its all good people...more options for us all.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter
why would garret use a fisher research detector in it's add for their atx in the firts place!!!!!
and fisher reseach is a first texas instument
why do i here a sick donkey in the back ground every time you swing that garret

Were's the white's in this test

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sonds like garret is late with this dd tecnololgy and detector
I mite be in pressed if it was their blunt tip
they brag about
put a chunch of irion on side of each piece and retry
please
let's see this dd in action
because that what a dd coil was designed for quick "seperation"of targets

liftloop

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were's the white's

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Liftloop...I sold my TDI, as I enjoyed my Infinium more. The coil on the ATX is the blunted tip and tail type of coil.

I don't know what you are talking about regarding Fisher... if Garrett is the sick donkey, then Minelab is a pregnant whale, Lol

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Great! First it was the Minelab purists, now the White's purists ... I'm now waiting for round three ... Who's Next?

I would like to see some real world tests from all competitors and a lot less whining.

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
We need to get out and hunt!

Attachments

• cf.jpg
    cf.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 100

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- Great! First it was the Minelab purists, now the White purists ... I'm now waiting for round three ... Who's Next? I would like to see some real world tests from all competitors and a lot less flute playing and whining.
bounty hunter purists will be next. Lol I have no exp with any of these machines just at pro and ace 350 just thought I would help lighten up this thread.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I one enjoyed a fair review , very cool .. Minelabs are known for very deep 3-4 oz nuggets , so the depth test I will enjoy even more .. 2 thumbs up Its nice the ATX did not miss any small targets with no mode swaps keeping the gpx in normal might be fair .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread