AT Gold= THUMBS DOWN!!!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why you guys have to post your other detectors on the Garrett page. Those companies are going down. I guess they are desperate for more sales since Garretts have been the best seller for quite some time now.

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why you guys have to post your other detectors on the Garrett page. Those companies are going down. I guess they are desperate for more sales since Garretts have been the best seller for quite some time now.

Were'nt you sayin something about tryin to push other products on people?? You sound like a Garrett spokeman rather than a guy that likes them. Your a ( do as I say not as I do) kind of guy!!!! FIRST TEXAS is'nt goin anywhere but UP BABY!!!!! Let's put it to a test and come to ind for a hunt?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the atp is a ver capable detector, if you think it's the best at everything thats awesome.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'd be worried, too. Garrett is going to put these companies out of business.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid for my detectors, and I'll still stand by my AT Pro, it has done great things for me. I also like fishers and Minelabs, I figure if I can understand it's language and learn the machine, I'm happy with it, and that's all that matters to me

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well rick I do not get mine for free but I use the at pro and it does what I bought it for and more. John has a lot of exp with the Garrett's so he is a wealth of info on these detectors. If you look back at his finds id say he does very good with them too. If someone wants to send me a t2 I'll try it but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't like it. I like my Garrett and only upgrades I would be looking at are at gold and atx for more depth in the fields I hunt. Good luck everyone.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful ... Slandering members, whether intentional or not, will not be tolerated.

I won't name names, But it should be obvious what I am warning

about

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
yea I re read it and think you are rite. I have no exp with the t2 so I can't tell you anything about that one. I have hunted with Garrett's and an old bounty hunter. I have hunted with guys with other machines that are older models and my pro does so much better in heavy iron with even the stock coil. I'm sure there are detectors out there that are better on depth and in iron than my pro but I am happy with the pro and it was a great price. The other detectors I've used were not good or even a waste of time in heavy iron. I like to hunt fields and old home sites that are long gone or falling apart and the pro does better than anything I've used in the past. I also like to hunt in the rivers on old crossing sites so the water proof is awesome for me.

Garrett's latest designs ( AT Series) are quite unique. They are in a league of their own. They can be used on land, water, cold/hot temps, are sold at a reasonable price and sometimes meet and beat competitors costing much much more. Depth should never be the only reason for purchasing a detector. If that were the case, everyone would be running around with pulse induction machines with large coils. Garrett has excellent customer service and the housings, circuit boards and coils are all built in USA. And thankfully, Garrett has done away with old fashioned knobs on their equipment. They aren't used on TV's, on computers and they don't belong on modern metal detectors either.

But, the truth is.....the best detector in the world is the one you own, know very well, to the point where you tell it what's under the coil, not the other way around. There are lots of tricks to learn on any metal detector to assist with greater depth and target ID which are not in the manual. One must discover them through practice or tips from others to achieve a good proficient level of hunting.And that takes time.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great advice once again John thank you.

F-75Pilot

Greenie
Jan 4, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-6,F-75,cz-20. Garrett AT Gold. Minelab Explorer II. Whites MXT. Nothing beats the F-75.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are going to love the F-75. Try not to run the sensitivity too high. 50-60 works the best. 80-90 for nugget hunting. Ground balancing is very important. It has a trigger that you move forward while pumping until hum fades. Do this every 10-20 minutes for optimum performance. I have made several deep silver dime finds while hunting with friends, who have Whites, Garrett's, and Tesoros,. We listen to each others hits and try to guess what it is, and almost without fail, the F-75 locates and predicts the deepest finds! One buddy, who uses the White MXT, has told me he would never have even dug some of the hits on the F-75. They all turned out to be silver coins. And he is one of the top detectorists in the Chicago area with over 6000 silver coins. Including a 1916-D merc. , 2- 1896-S barber Quarters, 1921 merc, 1877 Indian penny, and numerous other key dates. He used a Fisher CZ-6 for 20 years, then bought the MXT about 4 years ago. He has had two major articles written about his finds in the Chicago Tribune. We detect 15-20 hrs. per week for 25 years. Let me know how you like the F-75. Or if I can help with any questions?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Except that you posted your thoughts on the wrong forum. Perhaps you might want to post on the Fisher Forum. If we want to read about other detectors, we know where to go.

OP
OP
fishstick

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is just letting us know what he has compared to the gold and other machines!!! Thanx for the info!! HH...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except that you posted your thoughts on the wrong forum. Perhaps you might want to post on the Fisher Forum. If we want to read about other detectors, we know where to go.
agreed

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had my AT Pro for one week and have used it for about 3/4 hours. 74 coins and one gold wedding band. I worked an area that has been worked time & time again. Even by me with my MXT. You couldn't pry this detector out of my hands. 40 years detecting and it is the best I have had. Watch me next week on the beaches here on the " Treasure Coast of Florida ".

B

BiggusDiggus

Hey Fishstick, sorry to hear your having a bad time with your AT Gold...I got mine back in April...Its been the first and only detector Ive owned, and its paid for itself already. Wondering if your expectations were too high..I mean this hobby is a lot about luck/research/persitance/chance....at least to me..and there are just too many variables to account for in the ground/trash/artifact orientation etc....I mean it is "detecting metal" still, anything after that is up to you...its not a pair of xray specs...Not to ill on you...But I have had luck with mine-again Im no kind of expert, just hot air...HH!

F-75Pilot

Greenie
Jan 4, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-6,F-75,cz-20. Garrett AT Gold. Minelab Explorer II. Whites MXT. Nothing beats the F-75.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Fishstick, I'm new to this site. Hell , I'm new to the Internet. I see you're next door(Indiana). I went to school in Greencastlle. Boy, we're there some great old site around there! If you ever want to hunt around Chicago, just let me know.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime you hear someone put down another detector and boast about theirs, you better call B.S. It's a sign the person is insecure about their detector and are trying to prove it to themself. I've said it before if a detector is so good they don't need to badmouth another detector. There are a couple brands who really push the propaganda and snobby garbage.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree its kinda a shame this hobby isn't how or shouldnt be thrown around someones got the best detector & all the other ones well you know. It's about having fun & the thrill of what's out there at the next hole. Aswell as given your fellow detectorists a hand if they ask something & you know the answer without throwing in something of you have the best. I've seen low low end machines beat higher end ones its how well you know what ur using to. To the new guy who joined you found an awesome sight with lots of great people get ready this forum is just as addictive as the hobby lol. Just have fun & happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions