AT-Pro needs circuit board!

Jsparks6523

Greenie
Aug 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The control box lost the screw surround that goes thru the shaft so I replaced the screws and now it's gotten some water in it and isn't turning on. I sent them my ser # and it's 4 months past its warranted period. Ive taken it apart to see if I could do anything to it. I'd guess its fried. Has anyone purchased just the circuit board? Surely they sell it like any other part ? I'm hoping it's not so costly that you'd just buy the entire housing and all. Any experiences??

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I would just send it in to Garrett explaining the situation and ask for an "estimate before repair". The folks at Garrett are very big on taking care of the customer.

OP
OP
Jsparks6523

Jsparks6523

Greenie
Aug 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ra # and will most likely do that. I'm just hunting for some info.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am personally not comfortable with my electronic skills any longer. Way too many years since I was in electronics in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. You might PM John-Edmonton and see what he has to say. He is a great Garrett fan and may have some insight.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I am personally not comfortable with my electronic skills any longer. Way too many years since I was in electronics in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. You might PM John-Edmonton and see what he has to say. He is a great Garrett fan and may have some insight.

Very recently, a Non-Garrett manufacturer quoted a (very unhappy) customer an estimate of $779 plus $120 in labor plus shipping. That was to just replace a circuit board. YIKES!:BangHead:

I know for a fact Garrett never would charge a customer that much! I can't give you a quote, however, call Sue at 1-800- 527-4011. Garrett has always had great customer service. Just tell Sue what happened and she will look after you. :icon_thumright:

John

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea why one's that have a problem with there Garrett detector does not call Garrett tell them what is wrong….. Then they will get a correct answer … Then send there detector into Garrett for repair … For we all know that garrett repairs there detectors at a reasonable cost… And at times they do not charge even tho your past warranty … but then you fixed yours your self and then made it worse ...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very recently, a Non-Garrett manufacturer quoted a (very unhappy) customer an estimate of $779 plus $120 in labor plus shipping. That was to just replace a circuit board. YIKES!:BangHead:

I know for a fact Garrett never would charge a customer that much! I can't give you a quote, however, call Sue at 1-800- 527-4011. Garrett has always had great customer service. Just tell Sue what happened and she will look after you. :icon_thumright:

John

Wow!..I deal with Sue as well, She sent me 2 replacement Arm Cuffs....Garrett is VERY Easy to deal with...Sorry to hear about all that...I would be fuming

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Wow!..I deal with Sue as well, She sent me 2 replacement Arm Cuffs....Garrett is VERY Easy to deal with...Sorry to hear about all that...I would be fuming

Sue is GREAT! She really knows Garrett detectors. She goes detecting with her husband quite often. In fact. pretty well everyone who works at Garrett metal detects.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've delt with Hilda in the past and she is great too. Call Garrett anytime you have any issues and they will get you back on track. Best customer service of any company I've ever delt with and that included non detector businesses. Can't imagine them treating anyone wrong. Great company.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mounting area for the box has been a problem for more than a few AT Pro owners. I have heard on several forum about the control box mounts breaking. What happened is the screws are just a hair too long and bottom out in the hole. This gives less than needed structure between the control box and shaft and the mounts break there.
When you talk to Garrett tell them that you have heard of others with this problem and believe it is a design flaw, the trick is to be nice about it and ask that since this problem was most likely present before the warranty expired, would they be willing to work with you on getting it repaired.
Garrett customer service is second to none (although Whites is a close second)
And as others have said, ask to speak to either Sue or Hilda and they will treat you right.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread