Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never used the 350...But I did use the large coil on my ACE 250...to ME personally? I think its better than the stock one, maybe not in super trashy areas, But I got greta depth, and it felt more balanced....again this is my opinion. But I did notice a difference.

Plus it made me feel like i wasnt using a toy..lol

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
In the search box look up older posts by crazyjarhead. He's in calif now but did live in civil war areas before he moved and was using an ACE 250 with a large coil. He'll probably answer any questions you have.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you guys say larger coil are you talking about the big DD or the big 9x12 coil?

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I'm inquiring about one that is not stock. I guess that would be a DD but I'm not familiar with the other coils.
Thanks,

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I just got a NEL storm. 13x14 dd coil for my 250. There's snow on the ground so haven't had much field testing yet but here's what I've found so far

You can max the sensitivity without falsing away from EMI. I had no falsing away from my house. But when I tried messing with it in my house the wifi router made my machine go crazy until I stepped outside and knocked the Sen. Down two notches. After that it was fine. I did some air tests in the garage and here is what I got. I tested the storm in my garage away from my router but I still had to go one notch from maximum sensitivity.

I recorded the results were I got 100% consistency with each pass.

Stock coil. ___ Storm.
Max Sen. ____ One notch from max.

Clad penny.
8" ___ 9.5"

Copper penny.
8" ___ 10.5"

Nickel.
7" ___ 11"

Dime.
6.5" ___ 10"

Quarter.
9.5" ___ 11.5"

Results on my garrett ace 250
Let me know what other info you want.

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm inquiring about one that is not stock. I guess that would be a DD but I'm not familiar with the other coils.
Thanks,

I bought the 9"x12" concentric coil (the one that looks exactly like the stock coil but a bit larger) and I liked it a lot better. It seemed to get an inch or two more depth. The DD coil looks like 2 D's back to back, like the ones for the AT Pro. I saw that garrett now puts those on the newer ace 250's. If you don't want to upgrade to a different machine, I would recommend watch YouTube vids on coils for the 250's. And upgrade to a better one. Just my opinion. Hope it helps

Proud to be a Texan!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions