OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I have the nel storm for beach and large areas. On air tests I got about an inch and a half on each target except for dime 3.5 inches and the penny about 2.5 inch. I wonder if the big was too much coil for the 250 to power. Waiting for the ground to thaw to test it more.

Do you have any experience with the sniper or 5x8. Or experience with the 5x8 in wet sand.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Dusty did you notice emi with the big. One thing I did notice with the storm and I don't know if it is because it is a lot bigger then stock but I cannt have the sensitivity over 4 inside my house without it going crazy but with the stock I can max it without problems.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Did it. It's quite out of my wifi range but as soon as I'm in it have to nock the sensitivity down at least 2

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the nel storm for beach and large areas. On air tests I got about an inch and a half on each target except for dime 3.5 inches and the penny about 2.5 inch. I wonder if the big was too much coil for the 250 to power. Waiting for the ground to thaw to test it more.

Do you have any experience with the sniper or 5x8. Or experience with the 5x8 in wet sand.
I have the sniper coil and the stock DD 8.5x11 never had the 5x8 concentric...i did give my nels a fair shake since i paid almost s much for it as i did my detector i figured i could atleast force myself to try to like it ...pinpointing was terrible i could pinpoint with my DD coil and would always be right on the mark but for some reason that 18 inch nels big was like having stevie wonder pinpointing never in the same spot all over dig big holes....it just didnt seem to have the depth never any deep hit it was neck and neck with my stock dd coil give or take an inch maybe ...i always hunt with the ace at 2 notches off full because they false way too much after that for me a friend told me you gotta use high power on them aces ...maybe thats why he got rid of his ace after a week ..i would too with that much falsing ....never noticed any emi problems 1 place i hunt is under some power wires and they never bothered ...the best thing i found about my nels is it held resale value lol ;-)

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guy I do some hunting with (MSDigger) just ordered the 5x8 and I ordered the sniper. We both use an ATP, so hopefully I'll be able to report our comparison/findings soon. He tends to be a better hunter than I am and from what I've read it sounds like the 5x8 already has the edge on the sniper.

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Xp deus ,minelab safari, whites mx5, fisher f70 ,Garrett at pro, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will also report my experience with the new 5x8 dd I just got it and it started snowing in south mississippi go figure but from what I've seen so far is it's extremely lite and I'm ready to try it out in the field

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions