AT Pro will not pick up Gold

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But did you test it in the factory coin preset ?
yes I just tested in coins on 14k ring. It was a scratchy signal but it did pick it up. It was a signal I would dig. I added the notch after nickel and it came up clear. I don't hunt in coins mode, I hunt pro zero and run iron up to 33 in trashy areas and turn iron audio on. In open areas I run without any iron discrimination. The way I set up for hunting I'm not going to miss gold unless it's too deep or masked real good by junk. I tested with the 5x8 coil because that's the one I have on rite now but I doubt the stock coil is going to be much different. Coins mode notches out some gold but I only tested two 14k rings and no other rings. Hope that helps you.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
yes I just tested in coins on 14k ring. It was a scratchy signal but it did pick it up. It was a signal I would dig. I added the notch after nickel and it came up clear. I don't hunt in coins mode, I hunt pro zero and run iron up to 33 in trashy areas and turn iron audio on. In open areas I run without any iron discrimination. The way I set up for hunting I'm not going to miss gold unless it's too deep or masked real good by junk. I tested with the 5x8 coil because that's the one I have on rite now but I doubt the stock coil is going to be much different. Coins mode notches out some gold but I only tested two 14k rings and no other rings. Hope that helps you.
That is what i mean you get the detector your new at this you go out set it on factory pre set coins and go out and the dam thing will not pick up gold … To me that is a stupid way to have factory preset for coins on a detector..You should not have to add a notch to make it pick up gold in coins preset

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you learn the machine you will know what you need to set machine up for. Coins mode is notching out foil and pull tabs and that is what you need to dig if you want to find the gold. The pro has a custom settling so you can set it up any way you want for this reason. If you want a jewelry mode buy an ace series detector.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Once you learn the machine you will know what you need to set machine up for. Coins mode is notching out foil and pull tabs and that is what you need to dig if you want to find the gold. The pro has a custom settling so you can set it up any way you want for this reason. If you want a jewelry mode buy an ace series detector.
Ok OK i was just thinking of new users that know not what they were doing …. I know Garrett's detectors i have been using them since the early 1980's..

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok OK i was just thinking of new users that know not what they were doing .... I know Garrett's detectors i have been using them since the early 1980's..
gotcha and tnet is a great place to come for the help anyone needs on detecting. I found this site a year ago when I was doing some research it took me a few months to join but I was looking over the forums all the time. So glad I joined tnet there is so much exp on this site.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gotcha and tnet is a great place to come for the help anyone needs on detecting. I found this site a year ago when I was doing some research it took me a few months to join but I was looking over the forums all the time. So glad I joined tnet there is so much exp on this site.
,,,,,,, :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions