Roasted My Nuts Last Evening, Then Nearly Froze Them Today! grrrr

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
abbbb_zpsa1c82b1b.jpg~original

Spent most of the day inside yesterday, and made a batch of smoked almonds with peanuts and cheese yesterday evening. The nuts mixture included honey, brown sugar, salt, butter, cinnamon and cayenne powder. An hour or so in the smoker and then the oven and the finished batch was the best in the land.

cheese_zpsa2187d81.jpg~original

Here is the cheese I also smoked at the same time as the nuts. The Gouda and Cheddar cheese smoked for about 5 hours in the smoker. Buying smoked cheese in the store can get expensive, yet smoking it costs pennies.
cold_zpsfea33a9e.jpg~original

Headed out this afternoon for about 1 1/2 hours. It was frikk'n freezing. It wasn't the temperature so much as that strong north wind, which kind of blows right through you. As that old saying goes....." It was cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass monkey." :gr

as_zps85f86a27.jpg~original

Here's all the beeps I got today. I got over a dollar....pretty good for this time of year!

boot monkey.jpg

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to see your finds, John. And being an old sailor, I know what a brass monkey is! Thanks for sharing.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to get out I just can't get out to my fields with all this snow now if I had a sledding hill too go to it would be giving me the detecting fix I need rite now. Lol

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah over a dollar, but it's that funny canada money!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Roasted My Nuts Last Evening, Then Nearly Froze Them Today! grrrr

John yer a ball bustin son of a beach. :sign10:

Last edited:
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes John! I'd be a popcicle in about .8 seconds in those temps! And I'm in the north (Pennsylvania), so I'm not stranger to cold. My hat goes off to you for your bravado!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread