Garrett taking care of their customers A++

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Called Garrett with a concern that my AT housing had a crack on the front face :dontknow: and was concerned about its still being waterproof. Garrett gave me an RMA number and I sent it in. Got it back yesterday all fixed and ready to go and all at no charge. I guess you know who's machine my next one is going to be. This was my second great experience with Garrett's great customer service. Now all I need is for the snow to go, so I can get out hunting.

Paul

OP
OP
gldnbrew

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding. It's the least they should offer when providing you with a defective housing.

Wasn't their fault, I am pretty rough on the unit when I am in the woods, not exactly a lot of open spaces for swinging. Probably caught a branch or the edge of a rock crawling up a hill.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do have an out standing customer service

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly the best customer support. With Tesoro being their biggest compeditor.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett's customer service is second to none!

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i'am going to play devils advocate here. Had my ATP since fall and sent it in yesterday because it started constant chattering . Yes they were very accommodating BUT I have to pay for return shipping , find a box to ship and be without a machine for 2 weeks and it's only 4 months old. So to be honest I ain't happy!

OP
OP
gldnbrew

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok i'am going to play devils advocate here. Had my ATP since fall and sent it in yesterday because it started constant chattering . Yes they were very accommodating BUT I have to pay for return shipping , find a box to ship and be without a machine for 2 weeks and it's only 4 months old. So to be honest I ain't happy!

Don't know the circumstances involved in you repair, but I have set mine in twice and all I paid was the shipping on my end. The first time my AT Pro went in it was for the same as yours, chattering. Still a small chatter when I got it back, but definitely much better. In reading somewhere on this site someone suggested the chatter came from the cable being loose coming up the shaft. His solution was to use VET TAPE and secure the cable. The reason for the VET TAPE over electrical tape was there was no residue and it much easier to get off. Worked great, got rid of the chatter.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I did have mine taped to the shaft and it didn't help. That's my beef that I have to put money into sending it back ; it's brand new they should pay BOTH ways . And it doesn't make me feel great yours has been back twice . How long have you had it? I don't mean to sound negative but i'am beginning to wonder about Garrett quality control.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just more proof I bought from the best in the biz! Great job garrett!: :hello2:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Comedia :laughing7: .........................................Tragedia :-[

comedy.jpg
tragedy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gldnbrew

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes I did have mine taped to the shaft and it didn't help. That's my beef that I have to put money into sending it back ; it's brand new they should pay BOTH ways . And it doesn't make me feel great yours has been back twice . How long have you had it? I don't mean to sound negative but i'am beginning to wonder about Garrett quality control.

Two years this month. It was back twice, but the second time was my own fault, not Garrett's. I assume you have the cable taped as close to the coil as possible, without interfering with the movement of the coil. I have mine taped several times up the shaft, absolutely no movement on the cable. Other things that can cause chatter are improper ground balance and too much sensitivity. On sensitivity I generally run mine two notches from max. Sometimes I do use the max, but I just ignore the chatter, the chatter is different from a target. Just a thought, did you call Garrett first and get a RMA # ? Garrett is still #1 for me. :occasion14:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Brew I sent it back but as I stated Garrett should pay postage both ways and they don't.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Brew I sent it back but as I stated Garrett should pay postage both ways and they don't.

Garrett never fails to oblige its warranty and often exceeds the customers expectations. Generally speaking, if you return a product to the factory or service center for repair (in or out of warranty), you will be paying shipping one way or the other or both.

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt Garrett has awesome customer service. Always very pleased when I've had to call. I had to call fisher for lower shfts and not sure it's that Garrett has me spoiled or if they are just that bad but I can say I surely wont bother with one of their machines because I don't want to make that call again

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2/10/2014: sent my out-of-warranty Infinium LS to factory to repair cracked search coil plug (the one that goes to control unit). Half of the plug is on the search coil cable, and the other half is in the control unit socket. Cost to send: $30.00 including insurance priority mail.

Will post experiences with Garrett's repair department as they occur.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a garrett pinpointer that went to crap, they sent me a new one and it quickly went to crap. I'm done with garrett! Just sayin!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a garrett pinpointer that went to crap, they sent me a new one and it quickly went to crap. I'm done with garrett! Just sayin!
that is weird I'm pretty rough on my pro pointer sometimes and it still works great. I even dropped it in the river once while hunting. I removed batteries and dried it out and it works great. Mine is constantly covered in mud and I clean it after use. Garrett is a great company and their customer service is awesome.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is weird I'm pretty rough on my pro pointer sometimes and it still works great. I even dropped it in the river once while hunting. I removed batteries and dried it out and it works great. Mine is constantly covered in mud and I clean it after use. Garrett is a great company and their customer service is awesome.

I gotta,agree to I have had all the various ones out & I feel the garret one as of now still just well my opinión feels built stronger like it has more shell to it then other models, as of garretts customer service I rarely ever hear anything bad, I had a edge digger & something as silly as the rubber grip came off which to me its a tool meant to be used as needed all that really happend was the glue couldnt take the abuse I had given it, so for the heck if it I told garret the rubber came off, thinking they would give me the idea hey dummy reglue it. They said while I was physicaly talking to them on the phone take a pic of the trowel send it to them email, they said ok we will take care of it I hung up 3 days later a brand new one sheath and all on my door step when they could have just told me to glue it they gave me another

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta,agree to I have had all the various ones out & I feel the garret one as of now still just well my opinión feels built stronger like it has more shell to it then other models, as of garretts customer service I rarely ever hear anything bad, I had a edge digger & something as silly as the rubber grip came off which to me its a tool meant to be used as needed all that really happend was the glue couldnt take the abuse I had given it, so for the heck if it I told garret the rubber came off, thinking they would give me the idea hey dummy reglue it. They said while I was physicaly talking to them on the phone take a pic of the trowel send it to them email, they said ok we will take care of it I hung up 3 days later a brand new one sheath and all on my door step when they could have just told me to glue it they gave me another
i did same thing with my edge digger last summer. They sent me a new one too. I called to tell them their glue wasn't holding up. I was surprised to say the least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions