Started Making A Camo Jacket For My Detector Tonite.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Too cold again to detect...temps hanging around -30 with the wind. Prepared 3 lbs of meat with is marinating currently, to be dehydrated after work tomorrow. I stopped by a fabric shop and bought half a meter of camo fabric to be used as a cover for my ATX when not in the water. Here's what it looks like so far. It still needs a little cosmetic work and some velcro. I'll maybe finish it tomorrow while the jerky is drying

camo.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That looks pretty mean!! I made some jerky last wk. so cheap to make and healthy. I usually buy inside or outside round roasts. I cure the beef and I dry mine in the oven at 200F for 1 to 1&1/2 hrs.

image-2276425720.jpg

Beer and jerky after a long day of metal detecting is so rewarding!!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice cover set u got there, I always like to see peoples ideas they have to make there stuff better without having to buy something off the shelf, congrates

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When your old, arthritic, can't see, not much you can do but swing the coil. I'm just sayin'! Hell I always make sure I have a digger with me too, that way I don't have to get down on my knees, LOL! You just got to be creative, "Hey Junior, you want to go fishin'? I didn't say there would be water or fish involved, did I?

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I lose things good enough like my pro pointer without having to camouflage. Unless you're going stealth, why bother? Anyone would probably see you, before they see it anyways. Though I guess It would keep it cleaner.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I lose things good enough like my pro pointer without having to camouflage. Unless you're going stealth, why bother? Anyone would probably see you, before they see it anyways. Though I guess It would keep it cleaner.

Hahahaha
Yeah I don't think the intention was covert metal detecting Ops lol. I would put my money on him wanting a nice looking protective cover.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha
Yeah I don't think the intention was covert metal detecting Ops lol. I would put my money on him wanting a nice looking protective cover.

+1,its more protecting the gear ya got, I mean these arent $25 machines now we are talkin hundreds now I get any & every protector I can if its gonna protect my investment

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got bored the other nite and decided to use gorilla tape on my 8x11 coil since I don't have a coil cover for it. Lol I think I over did it.

image-3217996270.jpg

image-1637241968.jpg

This is the before and after photos. Good thing my 5x8 has a cover lol.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That looks pretty mean!! I made some jerky last wk. so cheap to make and healthy. I usually buy inside or outside round roasts. I cure the beef and I dry mine in the oven at 200F for 1 to 1&1/2 hrs.

View attachment 944360

Beer and jerky after a long day of metal detecting is so rewarding!!!

Man.....Does that ever look tasty! What recipe are you using?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
"I lose things good enough like my pro pointer without having to camouflage. Unless you're going stealth, why bother? Anyone would probably see you, before they see it anyways. Though I guess It would keep it cleaner."

If the day arrives when I leave my detector behind, while still detecting, it's will be time to put me out to pasture.:icon_scratch: And hopefully with a metal detector, with or without batteries.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey john it was -11 this am and now it's in the 20s here. They are forecasting 50 degree weather sometime late next week. Time to get muddy in the fields if the snow melts fast enough before it cools off again.

image-2372219209.jpg

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
John.. I use the jerky kit from Cabelas. Right now im using the original seasoning. Came with two types of flavouring,..original and pepper garlic. Comes with cure for meat, a rack to dry in your oven, slicing board with two sizes for thickness and a crazy sharp knife to slice your beef. When I dry my beef in the oven I set the oven at 200f and I leave the oven door open a crack, I stick a butter knife in the door and dry it for an hr or an hr and a half depending how dry you like it. For more moist then just around an hr.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too cold again to detect...temps hanging around -30 with the wind. Prepared 3 lbs of meat with is marinating currently, to be dehydrated after work tomorrow. I stopped by a fabric shop and bought half a meter of camo fabric to be used as a cover for my ATX when not in the water. Here's what it looks like so far. It still needs a little cosmetic work and some velcro. I'll maybe finish it tomorrow while the jerky is drying

View attachment 944357

looking good John !!!

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Sounds like I'm not the only one that is stir crazy. I made a homemade electrolysis setup to clean my coins. Small 5v 140 milli amp I think the lower amperage works a little smoother.

By the way nice job on the cover up if I saw someone with that I would think it was store bought

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread