Happy sort of.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received my Garrett AT.Gold back today from the Garrett repair shop and the reason I am sort of happy is everything came back that I sent in and over the phone they told me my 5x8 coil was bad so they replaced it. :icon_thumleft: But the issue I was having was with the control box as I usually have my sniper coil on so it doesn't tell me if they found issues with the control box or not.:icon_scratch: Not wanting them to divulge proprietary secrets or anything like that but an invoice saying what issues they found would be nice, not in detail but something the layman would understand for example........... button for ground balance was sticking or ......loose wires inside. Other than that the service was fantastic.:thumb_up:8-)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Why not call them and ask them. Have your serial number handy for reference. It sounds like there was a communication break somewhere. They did tell you that the coil you sent in was bad. They replaced it. You say there was a problem with the control box.

Call them 1 800 527 4011. I am sure that they would be happy to share with you any information regarding your repair.

Good luck!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not call them and ask them. Have your serial number handy for reference. It sounds like there was a communication break somewhere. They did tell you that the coil you sent in was bad. They replaced it. You say there was a problem with the control box. Call them 1 800 527 4011. I am sure that they would be happy to share with you any information regarding your repair. Good luck!
agree they are great. Best company by far of any I have delt with. I'm not just talking metal detecting. They really stand behind their product. Call them they are great people.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not call them and ask them. Have your serial number handy for reference. It sounds like there was a communication break somewhere. They did tell you that the coil you sent in was bad. They replaced it. You say there was a problem with the control box.

Call them 1 800 527 4011. I am sure that they would be happy to share with you any information regarding your repair.

Good luck!
No I had already talked to them and the answer I was told was only about the coil and I asked if there would be something telling me if they found a problem with the box or not and that's when I got the response of proprietary secrets. They are probably busy so I wouldn't want to pull a technician away from a job being performed. Just thought an invoice would be easier than everyone calling to find out, when they could send out a response with the repaired or replaced items.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was your detector doing that made you send it in?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the new coil work ok now? The seller is not legally obligated to disclose details of any warranty work. If your other coil works ok, then this confirms Garrett's fix being due to a faulty factory coil. Garrett has in fact told you what the problem was. If you send an older machine in for non-warranty work, you will get a repair price quote describing exactly what needs to be done to fix the tecter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was your detector doing that made you send it in?
Static and very erratic, I haven't had a chance to check it out in the field yet I am not saying that they didn't fix it all I am saying is I wish they would have sent something that would have said yes there was a problem there also(control box) because it acted the same no matter what coil or set of phones I had on it, also couldn't get any depth with it.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the new coil work ok now? The seller is not legally obligated to disclose details of any warranty work. If your other coil works ok, then this confirms Garrett's fix being due to a faulty factory coil. Garrett has in fact told you what the problem was. If you send an older machine in for non-warranty work, you will get a repair price quote describing exactly what needs to be done to fix the tecter.
It acted the same no matter what coil was on it.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither coil was working correctly so I sent them everything to be checked as I was not able to pinpoint where the problem was, I have had the detector almost a year and it just started acting up and as I stated in the original post I was using the sniper coil and still having the issue so that is why I believed it was in the control box.The coil they found the issue with was my 5x8 and they have sent out a new one but I seriously doubt that my 5x8 coil sitting in the back of my pick-up was affecting the way the other coil was acting,the common denominator was the box.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it works fine I will be happy just wish there was a note stating the issues they fixed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread