garrett pulse 200 underwater detector worth..

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garrett pulse 200 'underwater' detector worth..

assuming it is true that it is in good working shape- has new seals- 2 coils-headphones.. is the older pulse 200 garrett and acc. worth $225 (maybe 250)? I made a 225 offer and waiting on response. Thanks. I do not plan on diving but rather be in chest high beach areas,. maybe up to chin if I get brave. thanks

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got caught by high tide recently when wading off Gulf coast beach MDing on first sandbar. When water got to my neck I decide to return to shore BUT the "dip" (not sure what to call it) between shore and sandbar was 7 ft deep! I struggled to return to shore, using my scoop and metal detector to prop myself above the water to breath but 2 ft waves went over head and found myself several times underwater a ft or more. Almost had to ditch the weightbelt! Managed to return to shore, finally, but learned a valuable lesson - watch the tide and if it is coming in, give yourself plenty of height to get back to shore!

OP
OP
C

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks on the info guys. I am passing on it. He never got back to me. I would only be in lake beaches here in WI.. no tides. Are some sandbars in rivers here but too dangerous for my blood. thanks again.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question. .have the ace 250 and thinking of purchasing the At Pro...I have no interest in digging post holes. .:) So thinking the AT would be good.
I will sometimes do dry beach and maybe the wet sand as well..some of the Santa Cruz Ca beaches have quite a bit of black sand..if it is a beach with black sand would the wet be the only problematic area for the AtPro?
Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
squiggy.. you'd get better response if you ask that question as a new thread instead of a thread I started on a different detector. No one will know your asking about a ATpro unless they got info to add to the pulse 200 I started. I'm just thinking you'd get better responses starting the thread as a ATpro question. Much, Much more actively used detector than the old pulse 200. Hope you get your answer.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok..sounds good, and thanks for responding. :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would not suggest you purchase it. It is old, and probably can't be repaired. There are a lot of used pulse detectors a lot newer and still repairable for that kind of money.

Keep an eye out for a used Infinium or Sea Hunter Mark II. Much better and has newer technology.

apartment 039.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions