Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I would like some feedback on the AT pro. i'm in the hunt to get one, but was trampled by discouraging comments about how it was cheap and wasn't durable, had problems.. etc.. so my question Is, is this detector overatted, or is it as good as MOST people say???? and if you don't think the pro is good, can you recommend a machine around the $500 range? thanks
-Ryan

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan, it's a lot like Fords and Chevys, some like them and some don't. It's a great value for a waterproof discriminating detector. It's our biggest seller, and you don't see many used ones for sale considering how many are sold.

I use one, it's easy to use and is sensitive to jewelry and relics. Give me a call or PM if I can answer any questions.

Wayne
(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Budman231

Sep 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with this question..

Hello, I would like some feedback on the AT pro. i'm in the hunt to get one, but was trampled by discouraging comments about how it was cheap and wasn't durable, had problems.. etc.. so my question Is, is this detector overatted, or is it as good as MOST people say???? and if you don't think the pro is good, can you recommend a machine around the $500 range? thanks
-Ryan

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I think any machine in the 500 dollar range is going to treat you good. I use a minelab 705 and like it a lot, but would love to have a AT pro as back up just because it's waterproof.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a great machine for $500 detectingpro. Who wants to bet this thread reaches over 100 posts. Lol

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just have to watch Diggers

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I would like some feedback on the AT pro. i'm in the hunt to get one, but was trampled by discouraging comments about how it was cheap and wasn't durable, had problems.. etc.. so my question Is, is this detector overatted, or is it as good as MOST people say???? and if you don't think the pro is good, can you recommend a machine around the $500 range? thanks -Ryan

I just ordered one from Kellyco. I've been watching this young man named NuggetNoggin on utube. He has proved to me that it is the best value detector for all around detecting that money can buy. See

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liked mine so much I bought a second one!

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If you spend enough time, search all the other forums about detectors, the same could be said about all other makes and models. Just keep in mind that the Garrett AT Series are one of, if not the best metal detectors sold today because of their versatility (land water) price and excellent warranty. But, do your research and purchase what you think would be a good machine for you and the type and kind of metal detecting you do in your area.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I am hardly shocked to see dusty chime in on an AT Pro value thread!!

I bet Rusty is a sleeper, and will soon surprise everyone with his finds after he gets a couple of hours under his belt.

Eureka!

Mar 11, 2014
Northeast Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO 5x8 Coil - VULCAN 360 Pinpointer -Lesche Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you spend enough time, search all the other forums about detectors, the same could be said about all other makes and models. Just keep in mind that the Garrett AT Series are one of, if not the best metal detectors sold today because of their versatility (land water) price and excellent warranty. But, do your research and purchase what you think would be a good machine for you and the type and kind of metal detecting you do in your area.

LIKE (I don't see a like button on this IPad) Good Advice.

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still going back and forth, Between f5 and at pro just don't want to be disappointed in it's quality!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No question at all the quality is great. I hunt muddy wet fields and rivers and the at pro has no problem at all getting covered in mud and getting wet. I clean it when I get home with water too lol. Not many detectors will take that kind of abuse. I don't know anything about the f5 other than I wouldn't use it for the type of hunting I do. I'm not going to spend that kind of money and have to worry about getting my detector wet. It's a great machine and very rugged. Look at the profiles that the neg comments come from and that will tell you why they post on how much every machine is better lol. I go on other threads and see people having problems with other brands but never comment and don't see others comment much but as soon as you bring up the at pro they jump all over it on the Garrett forum little buyers remorse or envy in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you choose and have fun.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey detectingpro!! I have a AT Pro and Etrac, lot of difference in prices and ability!! The ATP is relatively simple to use and waterproof within reason!! For the money it appears to be a very good unit!! I think you would enjoy it very much!! Now if you want to throw another $1,000 at it the Etrac is a very good unit also!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey detectingpro!! I have a AT Pro and Etrac, lot of difference in prices and ability!! The ATP is relatively simple to use and waterproof within reason!! For the money it appears to be a very good unit!! I think you would enjoy it very much!! Now if you want to throw another $1,000 at it the Etrac is a very good unit also!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
the etrac is another machine people like to bash for some reason I have never used one but that tells me it must be a great machine. I like my Garrett's so I'm biased but think from what I have heard the etrac is a great machine.

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never heard of the e trac being a bad machine. I know it goes far deeper than the At pro. I probably wouldn't be able to get used to the id numbers and recovery speed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread