ATX Cam Lock Fix Options ==Wrench - in stock - watch video first!

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Below is the link to the ATX's video library:

Garrett ATX Video Library

Garrett has not yet put Part II on their site. However it is viewable via You Tube at:

The Cam Lock Wrench and how to use it is near the end of the video II...it is advisable to view Parts I and II in their entirety.

The wrench is going for $35.95. Mine is on order. Parts for the cams are NOT available, so be very careful if you take the cams apart as some parts must be CAREFULLY removed.

I have purchased a 12 volt pressure washer I saw on eBay. It holds 3.5 gallons of water, enough to rinse all your gear and waders off. The water stream is adjustable to a fine spray that cleans the cam locks out more than any other method I have tried. The large cam was still a bit tight as there is no access area such as the other two cams have. I can now rinse the ATX and all my gear off before leaving the beach. When I get home I use compressed air to blow out the cam locks clearing them of any water and silt. After the cam have dried overnight, I hit them with another blast of air to get more silt out.

Another method I used to keep the sand and silt out was TheraBand - green. A 5 inch wide latex strap that physical therapist use for resistance training. I bought a 18 foot piece, cut into pieces long enough to wrap around the cams and then used wide electrical tape to keep them from unwrapping. I had better luck with it than plastic wrap.

I put 400-600 hours in salt water detecting each year, a heavy user you might say. I really wish there was an easier way to keep the ATX clean. But the results I am getting are worth the extra time spent keeping it clean.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I like that water washer idea!:thumbsup:I just happen to have a car wash 2 minutes from home. We use those physio bands often at work. Again....a great idea! Lot's of good talent on this forum.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread