My first thoughts of the AT Pro from a Ace 250 user

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
I just got my pro yesterday. I unboxed it. It was simple enough to setup and get ready and within 20 min I was out hunting. The first thing I noticed is that if your not detecting in pro mode your doing it wrong. It gives more tones and the machine chirps better at you on what your looking for and if you know the ace it makes it easy to use the at pro. The tones it does in all metal is almost the same as the ones for the pro.

My wife has tried to use my ace a few times and while I was out last night she spent the last hour of the and wouldn't give me my new machine back. She just watched me a for a while and picked up everything to do very fast on it and was up and running. I guess maybe we might be buying a second machine soon.

Josh

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you stated is dead on how I felt. I actually thought it would have been just like the ACE 250, meaning an easy transition.

But , for the first couple months, i was a little intimidated by it. Of course when I first got the machine, I found like 3 new places to hunt with my buddy, so i didnt want to have to "learn" while he found all the goodies.

Anyway....PRO MODE is the only way to go...I dont even know why they bothered with Standard.

I wish you the best man. You WILL find some good shii with it!

Good Luck!

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
same for me. Hitting my old site again with the ATP and finding more items that the 250 either missed or just were not ready to be "harvested". Got 10 flat buttons on Easter Sunday around a bush that I know I hit with the 250 and thought I had plucked them all. Also near it I found two Classic Head Large Cents (1811 and 18??) with the 250 so I am DEFINATELY going to go over every inch of that place with the ATP.

On a side note my 250 was destroyed in a fire but I was able to get a new one for my Boy Scout Troop to let the boys use when we camp. I use the ATP and let them use the 250.

HH

Funkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions