(Part 2) AT pro, not impressed!!

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I swung an ATP last season, I sold out to explore a different hobby, found out I didnt really have the time to invest so I decided to get back into it this year, I had considered a couple other machines, but I opted to go straight back to the ATP.....I loved mine and how it performed for me, looking forward to getting back out there. Good Luck with your new machine.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck detectingpro! Hope your new machine works out great! I'ts all about finding one that works for you. To me the ATP works great! Still in the learning phase but definitely getting there! HH bro!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. The only thing I'm worried about is the noise and how chatty it is.

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need
My hunting buddy uses the Omaga and he has tried them all, F-2, F-75, ATP, E trac and more but for him it's that little Omaga that does the trick. It's light and the oval elliptical coil does a good job on traget seperation. We don't usually do the parks so bottle caps are not a real big issue so I can't tell you anything about that. His back up and rain unit is the ATP with the 5 x 8 coil. I can tell you that that Omaga is a killer with the large copper and silver but does not have the depth of the ATP with the large coil. One day I got a button signal and I called him over to let him check it with the omaga prior to me digging it out, but the Omaga just couldn't find it. The button turned out to be an artillary button from the 1700s.
Sometimes people's hearing loose certain decibel ranges (I have this issue) and can not hear the slight changes in the tones with certain machines and this may be your issue.
Good luck with the Omaga and give it the time to really learn it.
ZDD

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I must say this omega is not getting deep at all. I kinda regret selling my ATP. I haven't dug anything over 5 inches with omega when I was digging things at 5-7 with ATP. And instead of teknetics, I've named my machine Technotiks omega because it's one chatty machine and in disc mode it sounds like techno music. I will put the time into this machine and ask questions as I have them.

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you seem like a fast learner so you're more than likely right. Get rid of that one and get an XP Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread